"Brugge" Brugge by SnoopySue
Brugge Travel Guide: 2,819 reviews and 7,593 photos
Bruges is about 2000 years old city situated in northern Belgium. The name of the city comes from the Old Norse "Bryggja" which means landing stage. The name Bruges has appeared on documents and coins since the middle of the ninth century. At that time there was already a strong citadel in Bruges (the Burg). Bruges has a long tradition of international port activity. The oldest trade settlement of Bruges and the early middle age port was accessible from the sea until around 1050. In the Middle Ages Bruges was one of the most important trade centers in north-west Europe. Today Bruges is popular tourist destination for all over the world. Lots of canals and historic sights make Bruges attractive for everyone who want to know more about northern Belgium.
Brugge is very friendly to cyclists. It could be seen everywhere including central square. more travel advice
Name of the central city square is quite common in Flandry (and in Holland as well) but its beauty is unique! more travel advice
Written May 9, 2016
Canal boat cruise
Written Aug 30, 2004
Walking tour through city center
SnoopySue's Related Pages
Brugge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brugge - The promise of things to come"
- "Bruges Beyond Kitsch"
- "Charming just Charming"
- "Brugge, Venice of the North"
- "Brugge die Schone"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brugge
- Hotels in Brugge
- Transportation in Brugge
- Nightlife in Brugge
- Restaurants in Brugge
- Shopping in Brugge
- Warnings and Dangers in Brugge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brugge
- 8 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Brugge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brugge
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 60 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 58 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 28 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otok Krk Intro, 31 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hoorn Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brugge Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cologne Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- The Hague Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.