Pyramids of Giza Warnings Or Dangers Tips by travelife
Pyramids of Giza Warnings and Dangers: 51 reviews and 47 photos
Once you are inside the site, you would find yourself regularly encountered by mobile-vendors. What they sell range from sample souvenir, t-shirts and so on and they always keen on conversation. That is, if you say 'no' or utter something you actually enter the conversation! Just shake your head gently! I guess when visitors enter such a prominent and ancient site, all they want is to forget everything and look at it. No problem with the vendors, but why they should be around inside a ticket-area?
You are not interested in camel ride because you are just looking at and taking photos of the Pyramids. But the camle-owners would approach you and in fact move you around (because when they come to you sitting on their camel-backs you have to take yourself far from the camel!) for having a ride. The catchy starter I heard was 'Camel-ride is free today!'
Once you buy your ticket and try to enter the area, there is a security check and you should remember not to carry any sharp items into your day-pack. The scanning is necessary I guess to deter any terrorist threat.
I try to list the tips as you go to the Pyramid site.
Just a while before arriving at the site, some would try to talk to you through taxi / car window. They talk to the chauffor and make a deal and give him a percentage for taking you to the horse / camel trip to the site. Once you get off, I presume you lose all your bergain! To avoid this you should ask your chauffor not to stop anywhere before the site and that you want to get off right at the main entrance!
More Reviews (17)
- Restaurants near the site
- See All Papyrus Museum
- Nose of Sphynx
- Getting inside the pyramid
travelife's Related Pages
Pyramids of Giza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Giza and its Pyramids"
- "My Giza Page"
- "Trip to Ancient History... Delivered."
- "G I Z A"
- "The Pyramids were fabulous, of course!"
- "Pyramids of Gezah"
- "The Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pyramids of Giza
- Hotels in Pyramids of Giza
- Transportation in Pyramids of Giza
- Nightlife in Pyramids of Giza
- Restaurants in Pyramids of Giza
- Shopping in Pyramids of Giza
- Warnings and Dangers in Pyramids of Giza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pyramids of Giza
- 21 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Pyramids of Giza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pyramids of Giza
- Posted in Travel Bangladesh Forum "RE: Tourist visa for Bangladesh"
- Wrote a Review Restaurants near the site in Pyramids of Giza Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Restaurants near the site"
- Commented on one of coceng's Pyramids of Giza travel pages
- updated a Pyramids of Giza Travel Page "Visiting Pyramids & Sphynx"
Photos in Pyramids of GizaSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 160 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dhaka Intro, 122 reviews, 166 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 104 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá Intro, 90 reviews, 128 photos, 4 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 76 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caracas Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Copenhagen 57 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Århus Intro, 40 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mostar 41 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos