"Bogotá" Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá by travelife
Bogotá Travel Guide: 665 reviews and 1,551 photos
Perhaps would sound weird that Bogota is too beautiful to miss out! But that's it. I just regreted for not allowing few days more in my trip to explore this beutiful city and to see a little more of Colombia.
Apart from sight-seeing my trip included meeting up some of the nicest fellows I have ever met, mild spicy but tasty food and the nicely protected old town of Bogota.
Feel free to travel with me into this less-frequently visited 'gem' destination of South America.
Bogota is situated more than 2,590 m (8,500 ft) above sea level at the eastern edge of the Basin of Cundinamarca and is near the geographical center of Colombia.
Although located at an equatorial latitude, the high altitude moderates its climate.
If you happen to visit Zipaquira salt cathedral, its worth allowing an hour or to spend in the town itself. more travel advice
The mines were opened centuries ago by Chibcha Indians and are still worked today. Deep inside is an enormous cathedral,... more travel advice
- See All Shaded Stalls
- See All Miscellaneous
- See All Cheap cafe in La cadelaria
- See All Tourist bus
travelife's Related Pages
Bogotá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bogota Revealed"
- "The Heart of Colombia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bogotá
- Hotels in Bogotá
- Transportation in Bogotá
- Nightlife in Bogotá
- Restaurants in Bogotá
- Shopping in Bogotá
- Warnings and Dangers in Bogotá
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bogotá
- 90 Reviews
- 124 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Bogotá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bogotá
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 160 reviews, 187 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dhaka Intro, 122 reviews, 166 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 104 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá Intro, 90 reviews, 128 photos, 4 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 76 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caracas Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Copenhagen 57 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Århus Intro, 40 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mostar 41 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos