"Bogotá" Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá by travelife

Bogotá Travel Guide: 659 reviews and 1,547 photos

Perhaps would sound weird that Bogota is too beautiful to miss out! But that's it. I just regreted for not allowing few days more in my trip to explore this beutiful city and to see a little more of Colombia.

Apart from sight-seeing my trip included meeting up some of the nicest fellows I have ever met, mild spicy but tasty food and the nicely protected old town of Bogota.

Feel free to travel with me into this less-frequently visited 'gem' destination of South America.

Bogota is situated more than 2,590 m (8,500 ft) above sea level at the eastern edge of the Basin of Cundinamarca and is near the geographical center of Colombia.

Although located at an equatorial latitude, the high altitude moderates its climate.

• Last visit to Bogotá: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 3, 2005

• May 31, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Coriander in spanish is Cilantro and the soup comes with cream not mayonaisse.

• Mar 20, 2007 at 6:12 AM

I´ll leave the addres. This is a food chain, but the biggest is located in "La zona Rosa" in the 83 street near to the Andino Mall. The name is "El Carnal" and the food is great and cheap.

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2007 at 1:31 AM

thanks for the good news about a nice but inexpensive hotel.

• nhoolb's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2006 at 10:10 AM

Avianca has at least 2 flights a day to Quito

• Feb 17, 2006 at 2:35 AM

do you still know the adress of this place? JP juanxpablo@gmail.com

• colombian18's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2006 at 9:27 PM

I've been to that amusement park when I was little,I forget what its called.

• Aug 7, 2005 at 12:21 PM

Wow - great stuff here! Beautiful pictures of Bogotá. Those airport taxes payable in cash are a real nuisance in SoAm.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2005 at 6:18 AM

What a beautiful set of pages of Bogota. Very thorough, quite enticing, informative, interesting...Some great photographs. Like the food entries. LOL about you on the horse! Thanks for the endearing tour.

• Jun 17, 2005 at 9:10 AM

Hi Reza- I never knew Bogata was this beautiful...fantastic pictures. Thansk for visiting our Kalam pages :) --cheers

• IrishFem's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2005 at 4:26 AM

I miss the food a lot.. Great pages on Bogota. Brought back so many memories for me. Louise

Badges & Stats in Bogotá