"DHAKA" Top 5 Page for this destination Dhaka by travelife

Dhaka Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 471 photos

High-rise buildings and modern billboards side by side rickshaws & human-carts, excess of poverty side by side increasing number of large shoppin malls, official corruption and political unrest side by side natural hospitality by its people to the visitors, all colludes here.

Apart from the big picture, my intention here was to identify the places for hang-out, less crowded areas for a walk, locate the landmarks and places of historic interest, suggest few day-trips and introduce the captivating cuisine.

Note: The page is in progress and new info and tips are added almost every day. Check back often!

• Intro Updated Jun 20, 2006

• Jul 14, 2011 at 3:57 AM

Travel life in Dhaka will be awesome ..If --there is no Traffic Jam...and alternative is Night time this is also good...but if there is no POLICE....hahhah http://www.bangladeshgiftshop.com/

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Thanks for sharing your country with us here. I had never considered Bangladesh as a destination, but now I will be checking for more information. Martin

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2009 at 6:30 AM

Hi RIP, You have produced many excellent tips, full of useful and interesting information. A good example to us all. I am coming to Dhaka at the end of June and your information makes me very excited. Thank you, Mike

• MichaelFalk1969's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2007 at 5:12 AM

Every now and then I stumble upon a really good VT page on a rather unknown destination. You have built some interesting pages here on Dhaka. You rarely find such concise info in travel literature - Congratulations.

• May 31, 2007 at 2:04 AM

I am really thrilled to find the details of the mansion build by my grandfather Rebati Mohan Das. I would like to share this inform that other three-storied block was built by Satyendra Kumar Das (Chairman of Dhaka Municipality), elder son of R. M. Das.

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2007 at 3:59 PM

Yours is a glorious page about Dhaka. It is a dream of mine to visit your country.

• Hermanater's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2006 at 6:59 AM

Happy Birthday....you are doing an amazing job with your pages....one of the best I have view....keep up the great work.

• Jul 13, 2006 at 12:09 PM

You are doing an amazing job. I would love to see some photos of modern Dhaka. Highrises, shopping malls, planetarium, 5 star hotels, etc. Keep up the great work.

• ezaguryk's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2006 at 4:52 PM

yes it nice to alwyas remenber old travel also keep contac with the friends!!!!!!!! i like the food tip ummmmm and the fish........

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2006 at 7:11 PM

I my view the original temple may belong to 12th Cen,but was certainly renovated later, perhaps in 16th century. Just like our Kalighat temple. Good information.

Badges & Stats in Dhaka