Saint Kitts and Nevis Nightlife Tips by Pieter11 Top 5 Page for this destination
Saint Kitts and Nevis Nightlife: 8 reviews and 13 photos
A nightspot in Basseterre
When you're staying in Basseterre and you don't want to take a taxi all the way to Frigate Bay to go out: no worries! In downtown Basseterre there are enough small bars to go to. These bars are scattered all over the town and are easy to find: just walk around and follow the music.
The typical Kittian bar plays load Caribbean music, and has a very mixed audience: tourists, foreigners based on the island and locals. The typical drink is the local Carib beer, but a nice Caribbean rum is always a good option as well.
It's nice to go to bar like this with some friends, but if you're there alone you'll find people to talk with easily as well. I've been to a small bar close to the central park of Basseterre where there was a drinking- and an eating spot next to eachother. So after a couple of beers you don't even need to go somewhere else for a tasty meal.
Address: All over Basseterre
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Partying at Frigate Bay
Alamo's and Ziggy's basically are two extremes: the first is very small, no music and just a charming place. The second is big, popular and all about the music. But at Frigate Bay you also have everything in between...
At the beachside there are at least twenty smaller and bigger bars with each their own special things. Some have a good DJ playing load music, varying from hiphop to reggae and from funk to jump-up. Some are just a place to relax a bit, to meet other people and to have a drink or a smoke.
But all of them have the special Caribbean feeling: sand between your feet, the sea ten metres away, a Caribbean beat on the background and a subtile smell of weed in the air...
Dress Code: Don't dress too fancy. Flip-flops are normal, t-shirts are common...
Address: South Frigate Bay, Saint-Kitts
Another nice spot to hang out on the beach of Frigate Bay is Alamo's. This old rastaman has a small stall on the beach right next to another beach bar. Because the music at the neighbours is so loud, Alamo doesn't need to play music himself. Instead he spends his time drinking, smoking and chatting to his customers.
Alamo is a very nice guy who like to meet people from abroad. He was happy to meet somebody from Holland, but that was probably because of our most famous agricultural product... :)
The speciality of Alamo's is 'moonshine'. This is a home-made alcoholic drink with an alcohol-percentage between 70 and 80 percent: Alamo doens't know that exactly. It is poured from a plastic jerrycan, it is very, very strong, and I don't think it's wise to take too much of it. But it's nice to give it a try when you're there...
Address: South Frigate Bay, Saint-Kitts
Ziggy's Beach Club
Frigate Bay is THE nightlife-spot of Saint-Kitts. This long stretch of beachbars has grown to the most popular area for dining, drinking and dancing in the past years. And one of the biggest and hottest places here is Ziggy's Beach Club.
This place serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in a pretty simple way: burgers, fries, chicken wings and things like that. But after everybody is finished eating, the show really starts. Every day of the week there is a DJ playing music. The music varies from typical American music to a mixture of Caribbean sounds.
And Friday nights there is a live band playing great music. When I was there the band played the same mixture of American Pop, Reggae, Soul and Soca. A really good performance! The place was packed that night with people sitting and drinking inside and people dancing outside on the beach.
Address: South Frigate Bay, Sanit-Kitts
Directions: The west side of the island, directly at the beach.
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (17)
- See All Saint Kitts' Beaches
- See All Turtle Beach Bar
- Eastern Caribbean Dollars
Pieter11's Related Pages
Saint Kitts and Nevis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Kitts: Paradise Found"
- "Formerly a Sugar Island"
- "Saint Kitts and Nevis: an easy-going twin"
- "St. Kitts"
- "December 18, 2006 - Arriving in Basseterre"
- "Saint Kitts and Nevis"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Hotels in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Transportation in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Nightlife in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Restaurants in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Shopping in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- See All...
Explore the World
- Santa Marinella Hotels
- Inglewood Hotels
- Cruit Island Hotels
- Rjukan Hotels
Badges & Stats in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- 21 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Saint Kitts and Nevis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Uploaded a Video to Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Wrote a Review Saint Kitts' Beaches in Saint Kitts and Nevis Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Southern Loop"
- Posted in Travel Saint Kitts and Nevis Forum "Re: taxi from port to brimstone"
- updated a Saint Kitts and Nevis Travel Page "Saint Kitts and Nevis: an easy-going twin"
Photos in Saint Kitts and NevisSee All Photos (82)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe Intro, 96 reviews, 339 photos
- Paris Intro, 107 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 69 reviews, 190 photos
- Athens Intro, 62 reviews, 167 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 47 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caribbean and Central America Intro, 25 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Western Sahara Intro, 33 reviews, 113 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liechtenstein Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Tamale Intro, 26 reviews, 78 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (40)
Top Saint Kitts and Nevis hotels