Saint Kitts and Nevis Hotel Tips by Pieter11 Top 5 Page for this destination
Saint Kitts and Nevis Hotels: 21 reviews and 29 photos
My CS-hosts on Saint-Kitts
Ever heard of the website www.couchsurfing.com? I'm a member of this online-community since a few years now and I love it! Couchsurfing is a network of people from all over the world (more then 1.000.000 already!) who offer a free place to sleep to other members. The principle: you spend a night for free at my place and if I ever get in your neighbourhood I can spend a night at yours.
One of the two advantages of "CS" is the fact that your stay is for free. Of course it's nice to buy a small present for your host, but it's very different from a 80+ euro hotel. The biggest advantage though is the fact that you'll get in contact with the local people. They'll let you into their houses and into their lives and offer you a great insight in the local culture.
On Saint Kitts and Nevis there are quite a lot of Couchsurfers offering a couch, mostly American students staying there. If you're going there why not sign-up and try it out one time? I had a great time with my hosts: going out together, grabbing a pizza, making a tour around the island together... Very nice! :)
Address: Anywhere on the island...and on Nevis
Seaview Inn in Basseterre
Right in the centre of Basseterre, the capital of Saint Kitts, there is a nice, and not too expensive place to sleep: the Seaview Inn. From some rooms, and from the lobby you indeed have a seaview, but not from the majority of the rooms. However, the rooms are nice and good value for money.
For 55 US Dollars per night you have a rooms with a (very small) bathroom, cable TV, a small fridge and a double bed. All very decent but simply furnished. Outside, in the lobby, you can order simple meals and you can grab a beer at the bar, served by the sweet daughter of the owner. The owner himself is an old, quite grumpy old man, who can be very nice as well when you need some help.
Special thing: I didn't actually sleep in this guesthouse. I spend some time in the room, had a beer in the lobby, and then I got a phonecall from my Couchsurfing-address that I was welcome to stay at their place. I discussed this with the owner, got back most of my money and left with a big Thank You. It's a very nice place!
Address: Bay Road, Basseterre
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Right next to the KFC in the centre of Basseterre. Close to the Ferry-terminal and the main busstation.
More Reviews (19)
- See All Saint Kitts' Beaches
- See All Downtown Basseterre
- See All Turtle Beach Bar
- Eastern Caribbean Dollars
Pieter11's Related Pages
Saint Kitts and Nevis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Kitts: Paradise Found"
- "A New Favorite"
- "Formerly a Sugar Island"
- "Saint Kitts and Nevis: an easy-going twin"
- "December 18, 2006 - Arriving in Basseterre"
- "St. Kitts"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Hotels in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Transportation in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Nightlife in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Restaurants in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Shopping in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- 21 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Saint Kitts and Nevis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Uploaded a Video to Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Wrote a Review Saint Kitts' Beaches in Saint Kitts and Nevis Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Southern Loop"
- Posted in Travel Saint Kitts and Nevis Forum "Re: taxi from port to brimstone"
- updated a Saint Kitts and Nevis Travel Page "Saint Kitts and Nevis: an easy-going twin"
Photos in Saint Kitts and NevisSee All Photos (82)
Read real reviews about Saint Kitts and Nevis Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe Intro, 96 reviews, 339 photos
- Paris Intro, 107 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 69 reviews, 190 photos
- Athens Intro, 62 reviews, 167 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 47 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caribbean and Central America Intro, 25 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Western Sahara Intro, 33 reviews, 113 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liechtenstein Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Tamale Intro, 26 reviews, 78 photos