Saint Kitts and Nevis Hotel Tips by Pieter11 Top 5 Page for this destination

Saint Kitts and Nevis Hotels: 21 reviews and 29 photos

My CS-hosts on Saint-Kitts - Saint Kitts and Nevis

My CS-hosts on Saint-Kitts

Couchsurfing: Couchsurfing

Ever heard of the website www.couchsurfing.com? I'm a member of this online-community since a few years now and I love it! Couchsurfing is a network of people from all over the world (more then 1.000.000 already!) who offer a free place to sleep to other members. The principle: you spend a night for free at my place and if I ever get in your neighbourhood I can spend a night at yours.

One of the two advantages of "CS" is the fact that your stay is for free. Of course it's nice to buy a small present for your host, but it's very different from a 80+ euro hotel. The biggest advantage though is the fact that you'll get in contact with the local people. They'll let you into their houses and into their lives and offer you a great insight in the local culture.

On Saint Kitts and Nevis there are quite a lot of Couchsurfers offering a couch, mostly American students staying there. If you're going there why not sign-up and try it out one time? I had a great time with my hosts: going out together, grabbing a pizza, making a tour around the island together... Very nice! :)

Address: Anywhere on the island...and on Nevis

Theme: Other

Website: http://www.couchsurfing.com

• Written May 11, 2009
Seaview Inn in Basseterre - Saint Kitts and Nevis

Seaview Inn in Basseterre

Seaview Inn: Seaview Inn

Right in the centre of Basseterre, the capital of Saint Kitts, there is a nice, and not too expensive place to sleep: the Seaview Inn. From some rooms, and from the lobby you indeed have a seaview, but not from the majority of the rooms. However, the rooms are nice and good value for money.

For 55 US Dollars per night you have a rooms with a (very small) bathroom, cable TV, a small fridge and a double bed. All very decent but simply furnished. Outside, in the lobby, you can order simple meals and you can grab a beer at the bar, served by the sweet daughter of the owner. The owner himself is an old, quite grumpy old man, who can be very nice as well when you need some help.

Special thing: I didn't actually sleep in this guesthouse. I spend some time in the room, had a beer in the lobby, and then I got a phonecall from my Couchsurfing-address that I was welcome to stay at their place. I discussed this with the owner, got back most of my money and left with a big Thank You. It's a very nice place!

Address: Bay Road, Basseterre

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: Right next to the KFC in the centre of Basseterre. Close to the Ferry-terminal and the main busstation.

Price: US$40-80

Theme: Pension/Guesthouse

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Pieter11 Visits Here Frequently!

Pieter11

“So much of who we are is where we have been”

Badges & Stats in Saint Kitts and Nevis

Have you been to Saint Kitts and Nevis?

Latest Activity in Saint Kitts and Nevis

Videos in Saint Kitts and Nevis

Visiting Saint Kitts and Nevis?
Read real reviews about Saint Kitts and Nevis Hotels!