"Szentendre, centre of the Danube Bend" Szentendre by Pieter11
Szentendre Travel Guide: 221 reviews and 604 photos
Szentendre is a really nice, little place at 10 km´s north from Budapest. It has a mediterranean atmosphere, because of the foreign influences is has had troughout the years. In the 16th and 17th century a lot of Serbians came here, to flee from the Turkish enimies. They have build a lot of churches with a South-european look and they have developed the art in Szentendre. Nowadays you can still see these influences very good.
Szentendre is also a very good starting point for excursions to the region of the Danube Bend. It´s very close to Gödöllö, Budapest, Esztergom, Vac, Visegrad and so on.
In the city centre you have a lot of very photogenic alleys. One of the most beautiful is the alley from the Fö Ter... more travel advice
On the citadel (Templom square) of Szentendre you´ll find one of the most beautiful churches of Szentendre. This white,... more travel advice
Pieter11's Related Pages
Szentendre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Serbs, Schlock, and Sacred Art in Szentendre"
- "A Great day trip from Budapest"
- "At the bend of the Danube"
- "THE CHARMING VILLAGE OF SZENTENDRE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Szentendre
- Hotels in Szentendre
- Transportation in Szentendre
- Nightlife in Szentendre
- Restaurants in Szentendre
- Shopping in Szentendre
- Warnings and Dangers in Szentendre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Szentendre
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Szentendre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Szentendre
- Posted in Travel Saint Kitts and Nevis Forum "Re: taxi from port to brimstone"
- Commented on one of MalenaN's Szentendre travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wonderful alleys"
- Wrote a Review Wonderful alleys in Szentendre Things to Do
- updated a Szentendre Travel Page "Szentendre, centre of the Danube Bend"
Photos in SzentendreSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe Intro, 96 reviews, 339 photos
- Paris Intro, 107 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 69 reviews, 190 photos
- Athens Intro, 62 reviews, 167 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 47 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caribbean and Central America Intro, 25 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Western Sahara Intro, 33 reviews, 113 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liechtenstein Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Tamale Intro, 26 reviews, 78 photos