"Corinth, gateway to the Peloponnesos" Top 5 Page for this destination Corinth by Pieter11

Corinth Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 220 photos

Famous Corinth

In my studies (I´ve studied ancient greek language) I´ve learned a lot about Corinth. In those days it was a rich and powerful city. It was famous about it´s Corinthic pillars and it had an important position in the Greek Empire.

Today this city has no less then three major attractions. First there is the famous Canal of Corinth, second there is the ancient city of Corinth, that I´ve learned about and last but not least there is the impressive fortress of Acrocorinth.

• Last visit to Corinth: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 17, 2005

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Hello, Peter! It looks very impressive! Great! ><><><><

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2008 at 10:09 PM

A thorough pad on Corinth that reminds that Corinth is not only a canal !

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2007 at 10:11 AM

I am probably visiting Corinth when I travel to Athens in June this year. You have some good information for my planning.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2006 at 1:18 PM

Great pics of Corinth. The pretty bird is a Chukar, a member of the Quail Family.

• etfromnc's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2005 at 11:57 AM

Been there, done that, & enjoyed it immensely! Would add only that the pottery shop will ship your purchases very reasonably & the hike up Akros Corinthos can be a bit strenuous. I went with a small group last summer and some could not make it to the top.

• MJB123's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2005 at 11:27 AM

Excellent Corinth Pages. I passed over the canal on my way from Athens to Patras and I should of gotten of the train and explored the city.

Pieter11

“So much of who we are is where we have been”

Badges & Stats in Corinth

Have you been to Corinth?

Latest Activity in Corinth