"Accra, sóóó Ghana" Top 5 Page for this destination Accra by Pieter11

Accra Travel Guide: 289 reviews and 760 photos

Accra is the capital of Ghana and is situated at the very south of the country, at the Atlantic Coast. The city has over one million inhabitants and is the absolute centre of the country. It has the nation's only international airport, it has the base of politics and it is very, very Ghana.

Accra is everything Ghana has to offer, but bigger. Every city or town in Ghana has a Tro-Tro station: Accra has at least 5 of them. Ghana is a perfect place to buy West-African handicraft, Accra has the biggest market. Traffic in Ghana is always very chaotic, Accra is the worst. Every town in Ghana has a colourful market, Accra's markets are among the biggest.

• Last visit to Accra: Nov 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 1, 2007

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Pieter, you have visited great places there... Thanks for your presentation.....

• Nov 17, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Hi I am just wondering if there is a website or number so I can make my bus reservation. I am going to Ghana in December and I want to make sure I have everything in order.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2009 at 1:24 AM

You are very good at describing things!

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2007 at 2:07 AM

Excellent page with beer from a straw :-) The Tro-tro's remind me of Taxi-Brousse in Madagascar.

• Marpessa's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2007 at 4:04 AM

Can't wait to hear more about Accra :)

Pieter11

“So much of who we are is where we have been”

Badges & Stats in Accra