"Kumasi, centre of the Ashanti's" Top 5 Page for this destination Kumasi by Pieter11
Kumasi Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 358 photos
Kumasi, Ghana's second largest city, is also the capital of the Ashanti Region: the remains of the once powerful Kingdom that used to rule over big parts of Ghana, Burkina Faso, Mali, Togo and Benin.
Today the city is the most hectic one in the country, with a lot of traffic, over one million inhabitants, and the biggest market in Africa: the colourful Kejetia Market.
Although the city is big, choatic and hectic, it is a very nice place to be. Kumasi is an exciting place that lives 24 hours a day. The centre is full of hills with green lawns and banana trees, old buildings and small eating- and drinkingspots everywhere. It doesn't have a lot of major attraction you have to see, but still going there is a great experience!
Kumasi is a very nice place to go out for a drink at night. Night in Ghana is only until midnight, but in the few hours... more travel advice
Although the centre of Kumasi is quite small and can easily be done on foot, it can be nice to take a taxi, especially... more travel advice
Pieter11's Related Pages
Kumasi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The centre of the Ashanti Kingdom"
- "Capitol for the Ashanti Kingdom"
- "Kumasi, centre of the Ashanti's"
- "A 3 Week Visit"
- "Kumasi, the Garden city of Africa"
- "Have you been to Ghana?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kumasi
- Hotels in Kumasi
- Transportation in Kumasi
- Nightlife in Kumasi
- Restaurants in Kumasi
- Shopping in Kumasi
- Warnings and Dangers in Kumasi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kumasi
- 13 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Kumasi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kumasi
Photos in KumasiSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe Intro, 96 reviews, 339 photos
- Paris Intro, 107 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 69 reviews, 190 photos
- Athens Intro, 62 reviews, 167 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 47 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caribbean and Central America Intro, 25 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Western Sahara Intro, 33 reviews, 113 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liechtenstein Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Tamale Intro, 26 reviews, 78 photos