"Tamale, city of goats, bikes and dust" Tamale by Pieter11
Tamale Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 90 photos
Tamale is the third city of Ghana, but it is very different from the metropole Accra and the crowded Kumasi, the two largest ones. Instead, Tamale is a place where you can easily find your way around, where you pleasantly welcomed by the locals and where you can get out at night without any danger.
Tamale is located in the Northern Region of Ghana, about 800 kilometres north from Accra, and at about 300 kilometres south from the border with Burkina Faso. The area around Tamale is much dryer and emptier then the southern part of Ghana, and it's also hotter and much more quiet. The city is a good base for trips to Mole National Park, Paga Crocodile Ponds and other touristic attractions in the North of the country.
The city itself doesn't have a lot of famous things to see or do, but if you spend some time there, there is no need at all to feel bored. During my stay in Tamale I will try to create a good image of this city with a lot of goats, a lot of (motor)bikes and a lot of dust.
Another way of transportation by bus is Metro Mass. This is a bus company with less luxurious busses then the STC, with... more travel advice
Almost everywhere in Ghana you have to be very careful with taking pictures of the local people. Tamale is one of the... more travel advice
Pieter11's Related Pages
Tamale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tamale, city of goats, bikes and dust"
- "A brief visit"
- "Tamale the Capital town of Northern Region"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tamale
- Hotels in Tamale
- Transportation in Tamale
- Restaurants in Tamale
- Shopping in Tamale
- Warnings and Dangers in Tamale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tamale
- 26 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Tamale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tamale
Photos in TamaleSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe Intro, 96 reviews, 339 photos
- Paris Intro, 107 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 69 reviews, 190 photos
- Athens Intro, 62 reviews, 167 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 47 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caribbean and Central America Intro, 25 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Western Sahara Intro, 33 reviews, 113 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liechtenstein Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Tamale Intro, 26 reviews, 78 photos