"Sainte-Anne: ma maison temporaire" Sainte-Anne by Pieter11

Sainte-Anne Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 7 photos

From October until December I am living in the town of Sainte-Anne, at the southern coast of Guadeloupe. I’m here to study French for a few months, hoping to improve this to a decent level. For this, Sainte-Anne is a great place to stay: it’s situated directly on beach, which makes it a great place to hang out after school every day.

Sainte-Anne is quite a small village (although you’re not allowed to use this name in French) that used to live from sugar-canes and fish, but now is completely dependant on tourism. Along the Boulevard Georges Mandel you’ll see nothing then bars, restaurant, tourist agencies and boutiques.

During the following months I will also try to find the more authentic side of the village, where you can still find the Caribbean, Creole influences instead of the “Club Med” influences.

• Last visit to Sainte-Anne: Dec 2008
  • Intro Updated Dec 23, 2008

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2011 at 8:42 AM

When I visited the beach at Ste. Anne, it was soooo crowded, I couldn't find parking! Thanks for your tip on "Métropole." I heard my friends using that word for France, but I didn't know why!!!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Hello, Peter! Good for you! It was a great stay there! ><><><

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2008 at 2:19 PM

You live in a wonderful place. Your tips are great but some more photos will be appreciated.

• Marpessa's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2008 at 6:18 AM

How many times do I have to say that I am jealous of you?? It looks beautiful here!

• Jeannkelly's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2008 at 9:38 AM

looks like you're living in a paradise at the moment! am quite envious! ;-) ciao da roma!

Pieter11 Used To Live Here!

Pieter11

“So much of who we are is where we have been”

Badges & Stats in Sainte-Anne

Have you been to Sainte-Anne?