"Volcán Pacaya" San Vicente Pacaya by Pieter11
San Vicente Pacaya Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 40 photos
Like all countries in Central America, Guatemala also has a lot of volcanic activity. In the country you can find abour 33 volcanoes, of which three directly surround the city of Antigua: volcanoes Agua, Fuego and Acatenango.
A little bit further away from the city you can find the Volcano Pacaya: one of three volcanoes that are still active in Guatemala and one of the most visited ones. Every day, several times a day you can take an excursion to the crater of this volcano.
What makes Pacaya so special? First of all its activity: very often te volcano shows red-hot lava and explosions and small eruptions occur a lot.
Second: the volcano is quite easily accessible. It only takes a short hike uphill to get to the action. The rest can easily be done by bus.
And also very important: even the way up the mountain is fantastic! The view you get while climbing up to the crater are very spectacular, but of course only when the sky is clear.
The climb from the village to the top of the volcano can be pretty though. The narrow road in steep and often slippery.... more travel advice
The highlight of a visit to Pacaya definitely is the decend into the crater. Because the volcano is very active, there... more travel advice
Pieter11's Related Pages
San Vicente Pacaya Travel Guide
- Things to Do in San Vicente Pacaya
- Transportation in San Vicente Pacaya
- Warnings and Dangers in San Vicente Pacaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Vicente Pacaya
- 7 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to San Vicente Pacaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Vicente Pacaya
Photos in San Vicente PacayaSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe Intro, 96 reviews, 339 photos
- Paris Intro, 107 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 69 reviews, 190 photos
- Athens Intro, 62 reviews, 167 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 47 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caribbean and Central America Intro, 25 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Western Sahara Intro, 33 reviews, 113 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liechtenstein Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Tamale Intro, 26 reviews, 78 photos