"Pimp my Kampung" Kampong Pimping by Pieter11
Kampong Pimping Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 26 photos
A visit to Kampung Pimping is not really one of tourist top 3 destinations when they visit the wonderful State of Sabah. And not even top 10 or top 20 either. Kampung Pimping is definitely an "Off the Beaten Path" destination.
But nevertheless it's a great way to see the real Sabah. See the real Kampung-life, the real people and the real beauty of the state. Don't expect a 5-star resort here, or even an hotel, but like everywhere in Sabah, it's not difficult to find food and you'll be welcomed by people like you don't experience often.
Kampung Pimping is a part of the larger community of Membakut, between Kota Kinabalu and Beaufort. It's situated between the North Borneo Railway and the coastline of the island. Close to the "citycentre" you can find the Kampung's own beach: Pantai Pimping. For the rest the town is mostly surrounded by padi fields, palm trees and banana trees.
Close to the "citycentre" you can find the Kampung's own beach: Pantai Pimping. For the rest the town is mostly surrounded by padi fields, palm trees and banana trees.
- In a nutshell:Definitely: Off The Beaten Path
Looking for a restaurant in Kampung Pimping will take you a while because there are none. But if you are hungry you can... more travel advice
During the islamic celebration of Eid Al-Adha I stayed in Kampung Pimping. It was a great experience to be a part of... more travel advice
Pieter11's Related Pages
Kampong Pimping Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kampong Pimping
- 6 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Kampong Pimping?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Pimping
Photos in Kampong PimpingSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe Intro, 96 reviews, 339 photos
- Paris Intro, 107 reviews, 301 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 69 reviews, 190 photos
- Athens Intro, 62 reviews, 167 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 47 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caribbean and Central America Intro, 25 reviews, 121 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Western Sahara Intro, 33 reviews, 113 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 41 reviews, 88 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liechtenstein Intro, 35 reviews, 90 photos
- Tamale Intro, 26 reviews, 78 photos