"Quarteira and Vilamoura" Quarteira by evilprebil
Quarteira Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 67 photos
I actually stayed in Vilamoura (moorish village) which is basically merged with Quarteira. The difference is that Vilamoura is simply a maze of resorts. It is a very posh place to stay and if you're simply looking for a lux vacation this is a good choice. It is beautiful in its own sort of way, but I'm not a relaxing on the beach kind of girl so I got bored quickly (also the water was COLD).
There are lots of "high brow" activities available, especially golf. If we weren't so embarrassed by our golf skills, we may have chosen to play. Fortunately, a bunch of the resorts (ours included) off special discounts to the golf courses for staying at them.
You simply will not find a true Portuguese experience here. I don't think I saw many Portuguese people outside of workers in shops and hotels so I would not recommend coming here to have an authentic experience.
However, as I mentioned before, it is truly luxurious and if it happens to interest you and you are just looking for a place to go on Holiday and relax, this would be perfect. I would compare it to me traveling to Florida from my home city of Philadelphia for a vacation.
- Pros:Luxury in abundance, lots of activities
- Cons:Almost nothing authentically Portuguese
- In a nutshell:Come here to relax
When I stayed here, the name was Atlantis hotel. After going back to the website, I noticed that they had changed the... more travel advice
Absolutely nobody drinks the water throughout the Algarve. This includes people that live in Portugal. It won't make you... more travel advice
evilprebil's Related Pages
Quarteira Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quarteira - Well located Algarve beach resort"
- "Quarteira and Vilamoura"
- "Quarteira & Vilamoura"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quarteira
- Hotels in Quarteira
- Transportation in Quarteira
- Nightlife in Quarteira
- Restaurants in Quarteira
- Shopping in Quarteira
- Warnings and Dangers in Quarteira
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quarteira
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Quarteira?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quarteira
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 35 reviews, 32 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Cape May Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos
- Chicago Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anguilla Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sint Maarten Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Queenstown Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Porto Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Sydney Intro, 14 reviews, 8 photos