"All who wander are not lost" evilprebil's Profile
I have been fortunate enough to find a career in the travel field in order to travel both for work and fun. Having to deal with travel daily has only increased my passion for getting out there and I wish I could do more - See more places, meet more people, experience more culture, learn previously unknown history and eat as much weird food as I can!
The thing I struggle with most when I come back from a trip is the question of "What was your favorite part?" If it was a good trip, I shouldn't be able to pinpoint the best part of it. Our most recent trip was New Zealand, great time. Good food, good people, amazing scenery. Definitely can't pinpoint one thing that specifically made the trip awesome.
We love to drink wine and try different beer. We like to go to and watch sporting events, especially football (American football that is, though I loved watching Football in Portugal!). I like visiting aquariums, zoos, art museums and science museums. Basically there isn't anything I don't like to experience. I generally find most things interesting and if not I can find something else. I think that's why travel is so appealing, its always something new and interesting.
I love to eat and try new food. Anything is fair game (Tafelspitz terrine on a European River Cruise, gross!). I think one of the best parts of visiting a foreign country is the food since even visiting a different region can yield a vastly different cuisine.
I also love cooking and gardening, which for me go hand in hand. I think to truly be a great cook you need to start with the freshest ingredients so I try to grow as much of my own food as I can. What could be fresher than that? I hope to grow some grape vines at the next house and learn more about wine-making.
Just discovered the "Culture Shock" series of books...so interesting.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 259 Reviews
- 384 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 26 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Posted in Travel Seoul Forum "NYE"
updated their Profile Page "All who wander are not lost"
- Uploaded a Photo to "All who wander are not lost"
- Commented on dorset's profile page
- evilprebil and dorset are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Chicago Style Pizza about Giordano's in Chicago Restaurants
- updated a Queenstown Travel Page "Queenstown"
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 35 reviews, 32 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos
- Cape May Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos
- Chicago Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anguilla Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sint Maarten Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Queenstown Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Porto Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Sydney Intro, 14 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos