"Orange Walk" Orange Walk by xpythias
Orange Walk Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 1 photos
Orange Walk ain' a pretty place to visit. while i never felt particularly unsafe, the frequent offer of drugs and the extra unwanted male attention became a bit of a bore after a while. It is, however the jumping point for the river tour to Lamanai, and if seeing a bit of jungle and a small set of ruins is your goal, then a day trip here is warranted.
While this trip wasn't as spectacular as the LP guide would have you believe, it was very pleasant. for one who has never really been in the jungle before, seen ruins or hadn't realized until now just how much she actually likes boat rides, it was an enjoyable day.
The ruins are NOT large and are surrounded immediately by well manicured foliage and jungle. our guide was a nice guy, though perhaps a bit too nice with my friend, who turned down a proposal for marriage, as well as a set of busy hands.
if you're only traveling around belize, i'd say go. if you're headed to Tikal, skip it.
Since orange walk isn't the most interesting place, you can do this trip fairly easily in a day. it starts at 9 am and gets back at 4, in time to catch a direct bus onward to san ignacio if you're so inclined. i wish we had been..
- Pros:Easy to navigate, decent river tour to lamanai
- Cons:run down, overly friendly men, not-so-hidden drug problem
- In a nutshell:If you want to go to Lamanai by river, stay here for a night. If you're heading to Tikal, skip it.
it is possible to do the lamanai tour without actually staying overnight in orange walk. there is a direct bus to san... more travel advice
xpythias' Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Orange Walk
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Orange Walk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orange Walk
Top 5 Pages
- Japan Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Pedro Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Río Dulce Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Pedro Intro, 5 reviews, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.