"San Pedro" San Pedro by xpythias
San Pedro Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 190 photos
I loved this place. Do yourself a favor; skip Pana and come straight here. The people were friendly, the food was incredible, the accomodations good and there was plenty to do and see. There is a significant ex-pat scene, which could be viewed as a good or bad thing. Here, I enjoyed it (unlike Pana), in the form of good food, a few good movies, and interesting people to meet from around the world.
I could have stayed in this little place for a month and written a novel, if only i'd had the time (or an idea for a novel). It was clean, comfortable, and the view blew my mind. I did NOT realize there were two sides to this city until 3 days in.. this is on the Santiago Dock side, which is MUCH quieter and has the laid back ex-pat scene. There are veg restaurants and a bar showing subtitled movies.
I got fat here. I spent alot of time eating. In between meals, I went horseback riding along the base of the volcano, rented a kiyak (amazing!) and hit a secluded beach. As mentioned earlier, the bar down the path had two movies every night, and was a great place to gather.
My hotel also lived up to it's name. I woke up every morning to INCREDIBLE sunsets.
- Pros:Good people, food, activities and scenery
- Cons:Significant ex-pat scene, and a significant drug scene as well.
- In a nutshell:Skip Pana, spend your time here instead.
Fantastic little place. Very clean, large room, quiet. and, it had LUKE WARM WATER!! If you're looking for something... more travel advice
Hotel San Francisco.. yukkie place. dirty, smelly and not a financial bargain. the door lock was a small wire latch and... more travel advice
xpythias' Related Pages
San Pedro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Pedro, Ambergris Caye"
- "How do we get to "Jurrasic Park"?"
- "La Isla Bonita !"
- "Getting overcrowded, but had some appeal"
- "La Isla Bonita"
- "San Pedro"
- "Treasure Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Pedro
- Hotels in San Pedro
- Transportation in San Pedro
- Nightlife in San Pedro
- Restaurants in San Pedro
- Shopping in San Pedro
- Warnings and Dangers in San Pedro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Pedro
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to San Pedro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Pedro
Top 5 Pages
- Japan Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Pedro Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Río Dulce Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Pedro Intro, 5 reviews, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.