"Afghanistan after the Taliban" Afghanistan by Claus_Qvist
Afghanistan Travel Guide: 459 reviews and 1,136 photos
In short: A fantastic place, despite all the rumours of terrorism and unrest.
Most of the problems are related to the Kandahar region, whereas Kabul (in the north-east) and Herat (in north-west) can be visited easily.
I picked the Herat region and it truely is a gem. Visas are easy to get in Mashhad (Iran), and prepare yourself for something very different from anywhere.
If you - by any chance - should get tired of the calm and chaotic streets of Herat, the village of Gozara, some 40-50... more travel advice
In Afghanistan, Islam has got a lot of strict rules, such as: Taking off the shoes before entering a mosque or a... more travel advice
Claus_Qvist's Related Pages
Afghanistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Afghanistan, Where I work"
- "A Hopeful Future"
- "Canuckmike Finally Makes it to Afghanistan."
- "Kabul, Jalalabad, Herat, Kunduz,Bamiyan,Mazar"
- "Incredible Afghanistan..."
- "Afghanistan after the Taliban"
- "Many guns and loads of smiles..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Afghanistan
- Hotels in Afghanistan
- Transportation in Afghanistan
- Nightlife in Afghanistan
- Restaurants in Afghanistan
- Shopping in Afghanistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Afghanistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Afghanistan
- 9 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Afghanistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Afghanistan
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Falkland Islands Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Afghanistan Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Tibet Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Iran Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Easter Island Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos