"Sicilia 2006-2007" Sicilia by dassi

Sicilia Travel Guide: 2,527 reviews and 7,491 photos

A great visit to a beautiful place

I took off from Iceland on the 19th dec. flying to London and later the same day flying to Palermo Sicilia. I was looking forward to my trip and had already booked my first 6 nights at Giorgios Guesthouse and was to meet with Girgio when I arrived. My flight went well I had a couple of beers at the airport and slept most of the time since I had not had any sleep before leaving my place in Iceland at 5 o´clock in the morning to catch my flight at 7,15. After getting my luggage at Standsted I went for a good english breakfast and a beer. Then I had to wait for a few hours for the flight to Palermo Sicilia but I had my computer with me so I used the time to check mail and stuff. Agin I slept most of the time on the plane and we landed at Palermo airport just after 8 in the evening After gettting my luggage at I took the train into Palermo.
I was to meet my host Giorgio from the Giorgios guesthous at one of the stations on the way in but some how I managed to get of at the wrong station and that was not a good feeling but I started asking some young people outside the station how to get to Giorgios house and they were so helpful and and offered to drive me and after a while we found it and there he was him self ,Giorgio!! I said thank you to the boys and we went inside the guesthouse. Giorgio was a great funny and helpful host and had a nice well located guesthouse.

Mount Etna what a place!!!

I stayed with members of Couch Surfing in a willage named

• Last visit to Sicilia: Dec 2006
  • Intro Written Jan 21, 2007

Comments

dassi

“Take every day as it comes”

Badges & Stats in Sicilia

Have you been to Sicilia?

Latest Activity in Sicilia