"Hiking in the Slovak Tatra Mountains" Strbske Pleso by swekarl
Strbske Pleso Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 63 photos
We took the car to the Slovak High Tatras and hiked for three days. This first photo is the view from our hotel room.
The trip was totally improvized, so we didn't dare to buy new shoes (in case they would hurt before we got used to them) or any other expensive equipment. Maybe we had luck or maybe three days is the upper limit for hiking in sneakers, jeans and one single backpack.
Anyway, the whole tour was awesome. On the third day we climbed Krivan, the 2494 meter high mountain that is Slovakias national symbol.
Here are the photos, the maps and some words about each day. Enjoy!
Here you can see an overview of the Tatras, where I have drawn a line to show where we came from (southwest) and where we hiked (both Strbske Pleso and Krivan can be seen on the map). The yellow ++++++ line is the border to Poland. (We never crossed it.)
- Pros:Very good location to start your hike from.
- Cons:Bad restaurants, especially for vegetarians.
- In a nutshell:The perfect base for mountain hiking!
swekarl's Related Pages
Strbske Pleso Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Slovak Paradise"
- "Welcome to Strbske Pleso"
- "Strbske Pleso hiking"
- "High Tatra"
- "Hiking in the Slovak Tatra Mountains"
- "Strbske Pleso, Slovakia"
- "Strbske Pleso"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Strbske Pleso
- Hotels in Strbske Pleso
- Transportation in Strbske Pleso
- Restaurants in Strbske Pleso
- Warnings and Dangers in Strbske Pleso
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Strbske Pleso
- 0 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Strbske Pleso?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strbske Pleso
Photos in Strbske PlesoSee All Photos (26)
- Strbske Pleso Intro, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kvilda Intro, 1 review, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pila Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.