"I'm restless and ready to go..." XtravelloverX's Profile

"Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'!"

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

--------------------------------------------------------->HELLO 2014, I'M READY TO TRAVEL!<------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST THINGS FIRST, I COUNT COUNTRIES, INDEPENDENT TERRITORIES AND DEPENDENCIES AS INDIVIDUALS BECAUSE MY GOAL IS TO BE A TRAVELERS' CENTURY CLUB (TCC) MEMBER AND THIS IS HOW THEY RANK SO, VT HAS ME AT ~42 AND TCC HAS ME AT ~43 "COUNTRIES"...TOMATO, TUHMAHTOE...WHO'S COUNTING ANYWAY, OH WAIT, I AM! :)

It's a dream come true every time I step inside of a plane. Interacting with locals, eating native cuisine, bartering for unique crafts, speaking a new language, walking the paths of history...it's all travel to me. "When in Rome..."; I do! I began traveling in the last decade after a childhood of virtually NO travel! Oh, how did I survive!?! OK, that's a little dramatic but sometimes I feel like I can't live happily w/o planning the next journey.

Italy is my passion location, with Egypt, Jerusalem, Mexico City, Jordan, Washington D.C., Marrakech and the B.V.I. following as favorites. Oh, who am I kidding, I love every place visited thus far! :-)

TRAVEL IS AN ADDICTION!!! :)

Some memorable travel sights: a grown man urinating on a tree in daylight on a busy Paris street; natives washing their babies, clothes and horses simultaneously in a Guatemalan river; topless sunbathers for the first time, during my honeymoon -ah!, on Margarita Island, Venezuela; Acapulco sunset; fried egg on pizza in Rome; THE PYRAMIDS and "Baksheesh for camel?" and 20+ people hanging off the back/front/side of a pickup truck in Egypt; suddenly being surrounded by non-stop spitting Asians in Beijing...watch where you step!; watching children who couldn't be older than 4 or 5yrs. selling three small rocks for one Euro in Jordan, fending off the aggressive salesmen in the souks of Morocco and St. Mark's Square full of pigeons, peddlers and pedestrians, just as I always imagined.

Pyramids, cobblestone streets, waterfalls, temples, baroque architecture, white sandy beaches, clear water, hammocks, Italy, Middle East and Central American locations tempt me constantly. To pop open a glass bottle of Fanta while rocking in a hammock on an island or, making homemade pizza in my little Italian pizzaria tucked away on a Venetian street would be heaven.

I eat, sleep and read about travel. Once I realized that YOU make your dreams come true, I haven't been able to sit still since! :)

***I recently responded to a forum posting and actually surprised myself by what I typed. I summed up my entire feeling about traveling the world and captured my desire to experience every country...travel stimulates my senses, it triggers happiness, fear, anger, passion, love, concern and curiosity. --->"It's all about comfort, common sense and familiarity. If you're uneasy in a new large city that contains a mix of people and a language you're not used to then perhaps, your senses will be on alert and that may give rise to fear or feelings of uneasiness or unsafety. Just be aware of not only your surroundings but your feelings and be open to the differences other countries present, be that conflict, crime and/or extreme poverty, as these are ways of life for so many, including those in the US. The world is not safe so long as we have free will, so, arm yourself with knowledge and understanding and what will be, will be." I travel b/c curiosity drives me to find out what will be.

My true dream...to see the entire world, every continent, every country. Is that possible? I'll have fun trying to prove that it is. :)

GREAT GUIDES

+All Eyewitness Travel Guides (LOVE 'EM)

+Anything by Arthur Frommer (books and monthly magazine)

+Insights Travel Guides

+Fodor's Citypacks

+Rick Steves' Guides, DVDs & TV Show

Fantastic Travel Related Quotes Floating Out There:

--->"Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education, in the elder, a part of experience. He that travelleth into a country, before he hath some entrance into the language, goeth to school, and not to travel."-Francis Bacon as found on Sourbugger's Homepage

--->"There are only two emotions in a plane: boredom and terror."-Orson Welles

--->"I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them."-Mark Twain

--->"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home."-James Michener

--->"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."-St. Augustine

TRAVEL RELATED LINKS

"World's Most Traveled People" (I'm at the "Junior Ambassador" travel level!!!)

"UNESCO Sites"

"World Monuments Fund"

"Travelers' Century Club"

"Warnings for American Travelers"

"Third World Travel"

"Travel Safety"

"How Far Is It?"

TRAVEL TIMELINE---20th Century

COUNTRIES are noted in RED...
Separate trips are distinguished by an "->"

1984:
1995:
->Indiana; Kentucky; Tennessee; Atlanta, Georgia and Tavares, Florida, USA
1996:
->Paddock Lake, Wisconsin, USA;
->Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA (MY FIRST PLANE RIDE)
1997:
->St. Louis and Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri, USA ;
->Zurich, SWITZERLAND; Munich, Berlin, Koblenz, Trier and Dresden, GERMANY; Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC; Innsbruck and Salzburg, AUSTRIA; Padova and Venice, ITALY; LUXEMBOURG; Reims and Paris, FRANCE;
->Winterset, Iowa, USA
1998:
->Caracas, Margarita Island, La Blanquilla Island and Amazonas, VENEZUELA ;
->Michigan, USA ; Niagara Falls, CANADA ; New York;
Pennsylvania; Ohio and Indiana, USA;
->Iowa; Nebraska; Colorado; Utah; Grand Canyon, Arizona; New Mexico; Oklahoma; Texas and Kansas, USA
->Canton, Ohio, USA
1999:
-> CURACAO; ARUBA; HAITI;
->Dallas, Texas, USA
2000:
->PUERTO RICO; St. Thomas, US VIRGIN ISLANDS; Tortola, Marina Cay and Virgin Gorda, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS;
->Indiana; Ohio; Pennsylvania, Virginia; West Virginia; Maryland and Washington, DC, USA;
->Kentucky, USA;

2005:
->Las Vegas, Nevada, USA;
->Dyersville, Iowa, USA;
->Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, USA;
->Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS; Amman, Madaba, Shawbak and Petra, JORDAN; Busra and Damascus, SYRIA; PALESTINE; Jerusalem, ISRAEL and Venice, Murano, Burano & Mestre, ITALY!!!
2006:
->Dublin, Howth, Malahide, Swords, Monasterboice, Drogheda, Slane, Newgrange, IRELAND; Newry, Armoy, Ballycastle, Antrim Coast, Giant's Causeway, NORTHERN IRELAND;
->Mount Vernon and Champaign, Illinois, USA;
->Munich, GERMANY; Krakow, Oswiecim, Brzezinka and Warsaw, POLAND; Marijampole and Kaunas, LITHUANIA; Riga, LATVIA; Moscow, RUSSIA; London, ENGLAND;
->Mansfield, Ohio, USA ;
->Phoenix, AZ, USA;
->Las Vegas!!!, NV, USA;
->New York City, NY, USA;
->Starved Rock S.P., IL, USA;
->Barcelona, Figueres & Madrid, SPAIN; Marrakech & Ait Benhaddou, MOROCCO!
2008:
->Phoenix, AZ; Needles, CA; Las Vegas, NV, USA
->Skiing in WI, USA
->Burlington, IA, USA
->Hume and Metroplis, IL; Land Between the Lakes, KY/TN; Dover, Paris and Memphis, TN; Hernando and Tunica, MS and Number Nine, AK, USA
->Santiago, Cajon del Maipo and Easter Island, CHILE; Toronto, CANADA;
->Crivitz, WI, USA
->Morton, IL, USA
->Atlanta, GA, USA
->Phoenix, AZ, USA
->Las Vegas, NV, USA (Oct & Nov)
2011:

San Francisco, CA
New Orleans, LA

I'D LOVE TO RETURN TO...

(in order)

Italy (And I did in Nov. '05!)
Chile
British Virgin Islands
Russia
Venezuela
Las Vegas
England (And I did in Nov. '11!)
China
New York City (And I did in Sep. '07!)
California
Memphis (And I did in Jun '09!!!)
Quebec City
Istanbul
Nepal

• Intro Updated Apr 8, 2014

• vikramsaini80's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2013 at 5:20 AM

long travel list... lucky you....

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2008 at 8:12 PM

Are you still underwater??? The pool in my side yard was gone by Monday but much of the area south of here is still a mess.

• sarhot's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2008 at 2:29 PM

thanks me too, I agree that traveling is an addiction, but as JAPANES way :p:p:p

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
    Feb 29, 2008 at 9:34 AM

Thank you for your kind words of condolences, words from caring and sensitive strangers are always wonderful to hear.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2008 at 4:03 AM

Very interesting home page. You seem to have the travel bug as badly as I do.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2008 at 11:37 PM

I agree, travel is an addiction! My ID picture is taken in San Agustin (at La Chaquira) in Colombia.

• WorldMeet2008's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2008 at 7:16 AM

"We have to get to know each other better, it makes us understand one another better, trust each other more, and live together more peacefully". ("United Buddy Bears" project). *** H-A-P-P-Y ** N-E-W ** Y-E-A-R !!

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2007 at 7:33 PM

Thank you! Welcome back. Can't wait to read about your trip. Momo

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 7:31 PM

Hi DJ, I love your dog...I'm sure he'd (or she) would love to join you on your travels! All the best.

• AmazingAdventures's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2007 at 7:39 PM

Wonderful HP!! I've followed my dreams and moved to Australia from the USA! Dreams can become reality! Smiles from Sydney :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
XtravelloverX's Profile Photo

XtravelloverX

“Aah, travel, it's not about the destination, nor the journey, but rather...the feeling.”

Location