"Garsene" Garsene by Shofja
Garsene Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
Garsene located in the Jekabpils district. It borders with Daugavpils district and the Republic of Lithuania.
The history of Garsene have been connected with baron Budberg family's history.
In Garsene you can find some interesting architecture monuments. The most interesting of them is the Castle of Garsene - build in 1856.- 1860. in the pseudo - gothic style.
1939.-1940. castle was accomodated for the school's needs. Nowadays there still is school. And the Garsene History museum is located in castle, too.
On 12th of September 1997 Garsene's castle reseived the flag of European cultural heritage.
Shofja's Related Pages
Garsene Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Garsene
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Garsene?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Garsene
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 56 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hurghada Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos
- Aswan Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Baldone Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Egypt Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temple of Abu Simbel Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Riga Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Cairo Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Latvia Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos