"Liepaja - city where the wind gets born" Top 5 Page for this destination Liepaja by Shofja
Liepaja Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 131 photos
Liepaja is located in Kurzeme administrative region. In the ancient times here was small fishermen village, called Liva village. Liva - because, it was located near the Liva River.
The first time when Liepaja as Liva village was mentioned in documents was 1253.
The city rights Liepaja get's in 1625, when Friedrich, Duke of Kurland grants Liepaja city rights.
But in 1919 for six months Liepaja becomes the capital of Latvia.
Now Liepaja is third largest city of Latvia.
It's place where you can buy everything - from flowers to fresh fish :-) more travel advice
Biking along the sea - nice, isn't so? :-) Salty wind or brihgt sun... :-))) And always the view of the sea is... more travel advice
Shofja's Related Pages
Liepaja Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Liepaja - Latvian city of wind and sea"
- "Liepaja - city where the wind gets born"
- "Liepaja, where time seems to have stopped!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Liepaja
- Hotels in Liepaja
- Transportation in Liepaja
- Nightlife in Liepaja
- Restaurants in Liepaja
- Warnings and Dangers in Liepaja
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Liepaja
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Liepaja?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Liepaja
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor Intro, 56 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hurghada Intro, 48 reviews, 49 photos
- Aswan Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Baldone Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Egypt Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temple of Abu Simbel Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Riga Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Cairo Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Latvia Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (19)
Top Liepaja hotels
- Liepaja Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 24 Photos