"We are going to Luxor...." Top 5 Page for this destination Luxor by Shofja

Luxor Travel Guide: 1,615 reviews and 4,398 photos

Where is the end of the line of busses?

We wokre up very early. It was tuesday's morning. Buss was waiting us near hotel. Our excursion to Luxor was started.
At first we were going to the busses gathering place. A lot of busses were waiting for escort. I think - there were about 60 busses. When all busses were here our way to Luxor started.
Escort - it means armed units in front of and in the end of buss line.
We were going via mountainous area, sun is just rissing up. Beauty, beauty, beauty....

This is description of my first trip tp Luxor :-) Guided excursion :-)

At that moment - february 2005 - i have visited Luxor 4 times. I love this city :-))) And only once i choosed guided tour. Better is travel by public transport :-)

Who are comming?

Not only once we crossed armed posts. :-) Armed men were checking lists of busses passengers. But that happened only when you are going to Luxor by guided tour :-)

Typical panorama :-)

Mountainous are replaced to low land. Unfinished houses - very typical for Egypt ;-)

• In a nutshell:Place where to return :-)
  • Last visit to Luxor: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 1, 2005

• amitabharoy44's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2008 at 1:30 AM

Hi Shofja, I am planning to visit Egypt by end of 2009. Luxor is facinating place. I had been in Libya for 7 years but could not visit Egypt due to visa problem. I really missed Egypt!

• MOniqa's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2005 at 8:00 AM

hey I'm goin to Cairo soon! (12 of December!) thanxx for Ur images and comments! hopefully I'm gonna post sum photos when I'll come back!(3weeks) greatings!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2005 at 6:32 AM

I can see you enjoyed this place as much as I did.

• jto's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2005 at 1:24 AM

Beautiful!I'd love to cruise down the Nile:) Great page and lot of nice tips.

• LanaFromRiga's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2005 at 5:09 AM

so interesting tips wish beautiful photos! I hope you'll put your diving photos here too. ;-)

• Dec 10, 2004 at 3:44 AM

Nice info and photos of the temples, I will check them out when I'm in Luxor next week!

• Maph's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2004 at 6:28 AM

Great pics

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2004 at 5:48 AM

A really great page, lots of good info, nice pics and the nice personal touch.

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2003 at 6:05 AM

111 sons and 51 daughters? i am not surprised that he was called Ramses the Great. so much history to explore here. fantastic work

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2003 at 6:22 AM

luxor seems grand a must go place

Badges & Stats in Luxor