"Driving from Beijing to Datong" Datong by ForbiddenCity
Datong Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 124 photos
I drove from Beijing to Datong (300Km, 4 hours). The scenery is GREAT. First there was Great wall, than reserviors, mountains, tunnels. Great experience. The highway is excellent and only the road near Great Wall is bit dangerous (lots of curves and many trucks)
- Pros:beautiful sculptures
- Cons:dusty as there are lots of coal mines
- In a nutshell:Just wonder at great creations!
It has been there for about a thousand years but not damaged. The secret is: unique location: in the shade of the... more travel advice
located in such a valley! note cars have to drive through the long downhill road and below is a huge parking lot. nerver... more travel advice
ForbiddenCity's Related Pages
Datong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stop by in Datong on your way from Beijing to Xian"
- "Budas y Templos / Budhas and Temples"
- "Driving from Beijing to Datong"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Datong
- Hotels in Datong
- Transportation in Datong
- Restaurants in Datong
- Warnings and Dangers in Datong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Datong
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Datong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Datong
Photos in DatongSee All Photos (6)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pingyao Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Datong Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Tianjin Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Beijing 2 reviews
No friends yet.
Latest Datong hotel reviews
- Feitian Hotel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 7, 2011
- Beichen Garden Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Yungang International Hotel Datong
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 4, 2013
- Hongqi Hotel Datong
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 25, 2012
- Garden Hotel Datong
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013