"The jewel of the California Coast" Monterey by Jokerit_pl
Monterey Travel Guide: 931 reviews and 2,787 photos
Monterey is truly the jewel of the California coast. Located about 110 miles from San Francisco, Monterey is a favorite among not only NoCal residents, but anyone exploring the California coast. Monterey boasts over 99 miles of pristine coastline and one of the largest marine preserves in the nation. Monterey boasts a wide array of activities including scuba diving, golf, noted music festivals, a wide range of art exhibits, great food, a number of excellent wineries, the famous Cannery Row, and of course, the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
Did you know that Monterey also owes some of its prominence to American literature? One of the most famous American authors, John Steinbeck, spent his a good portion of his life in and around Monterey. He wrote a number of books based in and around the Monterey County area such as "Cannery Row", "East of Eden", and "Grapes of Wrath".
If I had to choose a place to live a quiet life, Monterey would be at the top of my list.
Jokerit_pl's Related Pages
Monterey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Watching the Sunset in Monterey..."
- "City by the Sea"
- "Monterey - Beginning of the U.S. tour"
- "Monterey and Its Beautiful Big Sur Country"
- "Life's a Kelp Forest..."
- "First Capitol of California"
- "Monterey Magic!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monterey
- Hotels in Monterey
- Transportation in Monterey
- Nightlife in Monterey
- Restaurants in Monterey
- Shopping in Monterey
- Warnings and Dangers in Monterey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monterey
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Monterey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monterey
Photos in MontereySee All Photos (1)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anaheim 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Newport Beach 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Auburn Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Garden Grove 1 review, 1 photo