"sunny days" galeena1's Profile

Keep traveling!

Greece - Germany - Sweden - Denmark - Lebanon Dec 2007 -->Mar 2008
Will be hopping from one country to the other this winter and will certainly use VT for tips and to meet other solo travelers when I m not staying with friends.

*****ESPANOL*****
Estoy aprendiendo el Castellano y lo prefiero actualemente encontrarme con españoles para practicar. No deseo confundir español con el sueco, el danés o el alemán en mi viaje. Ahora lo hablo casi fluido y creo con cierta paciencia y suerte puedo ser profesora: ~) Sé que soy muy humilde!

Es todo por el momento...

Mexico y San Diego - Aug 2007
Fui en Mexico (Bajas de California) y en San Diego por 2 semanas.
Me gusta mucho la playa en SD. Es la primera vez que veo agua que reluce como el oro... estaba muy romantico... fuera de este mundo

Central and Southern Florida - Feb/Mar 2007
been to: Orlando, Disney World, Cape Canaveral, Cocoa beach, kissimee, Tampa, Clearwater, Naples, Everglade, Homestead, key West, Miami beach, Ft. Lauderdale. If you are visiting Florida ask me for tips on the different cities you plan to visit.

Western Canada and USA - Nov/Dec 2006
I visited a couple of cities in the US and Canada this fall.

Nov. 10 Toronto, ON best place to visit is U Of Toronto campus

Nov. 12 Detroit, MI make sure you visit Dearborn for some yummy Lebanese food

Nov. 13 Chicago, IL

Nov. 16 Las Vegas, NV the best part of Vegas is the trip to the Grand Canyon from there. Make sure you dont miss that one

Nov. 20 Los Angeles, CA West Hollywood is the best place to drink

Nov. 24 San Francisco,CA Everywhere is nice

Nov. 29 Portland, OR Hawthorne road is a must visit. Stay at HI hostel there

Dec. 1 Seattle, WA

Dec. 1 Vancouver, BC

Dec. 7 Calgary, AB

East Coast of Canada May 2006
Halifax, Annapolis, Moncton, Victoria, Charlotetown.. My favorite is Halifax. PEI definitely has a special feel but when we were there it was pouring rain.

Cuba Dec 2005
I was in Cuba for 8 days between 24 & 31 Dec 2005. Beautiful country and friendly people. A must visit I would say. And the white sandy beaches of Varadero are amazing.

Lebanon May 2005
Lebanon was my destination between May 14th and Jun 3rd, 2005. I will always miss this country for all the spontaneity and tempered people who are just what you dont expect!

Paris June 2005
On the way back to Canada I made a stop for a week in Paris (June 2005) and enjoyed seeing all the tourists there :~P and some of the locals!

Hungary Sep 2004
I was in Hungary between Sept 12 --> Sept 22, 2004 It is a beautiful country with so many things to offer. I wont be building my Hungary pages as I m sure there are plenty and locals can describe it much better than I can.

I love traveling especially with another person. I prefer to travel with a small group usually I try to go with 2 or 3 friends or with my SO.
I cant afford traveling to every country in the world unfortunately! so I watch foreign movies and I check the little details in the movie which tell me a lot about the culture the people and the places...

One day I hope to visit all those places but if not at least I have an idea of how they look... I believe that at some point everything will look the same , the same beauty, the same familiarity and same creatures....

Going to France?

wait a minute! I think I can help.
Well I wont recommend places to go and see since my memories of France are not that vivid but I can show you where to stay. Here is a website that will do the job http://www.clickhotelfrance.com
it offers discount hotel reservation in most French areas.

About ME

trying to get through life with as many good memories as possible.
I ve been to few countries and plan on visiting many in the future. Top of my list: Chile, Columbia, Peru, all the GCC countries...
I think it wont resist Columbia for much longer especially after watching Love in the times of Cholera

I speak Arabic, French and English and currently learning Spanish... I would like to learn a fifth language. I like German (after all I m Arabic and I love rough-sounding languages) but I would like to learn a non-Latin language to open up my horizon maybe Urdu, Hindi or Afrikan ;~)

what I think!

chocolate is better than men! (especially Dark Almond)

Indian women are pretty (East Indian I mean)

Some friends arent forever! oops!

Islam does not preach violence same way as Catholic church does not preach Paedophilia! or maybe both do :~P

Socrates is a bored and boring guy

Bisexuals are schizophrenic (los sientos mis amigos!!)

Listen to your heart... when it makes a mistake at least it is one from the heart! mistakes from the heart feel better

Question

How many men does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One. He just holds it up there and waits for the world to revolve around him.

Favourite Quotes

There's nothin right in your left brain. There's nothin left in your right brain (By some guy)

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly (By a smoking-hot pilot on KLM :~)

Sometimes your sin is your own punishment

Old Port - Montreal

Me & my niece one hot day in Montreal 2006

Varadero Beach at night

We had so much fun during the day lying on the sand in Varadero.
At night we were invited to the wedding of a British woman and her Cuban hubby. Interesting story. They met while she was vacationing in Cuba, corresponded for six months and then got married on her second visit to the country! Dont go there if you are not so keen about marriage. you may end up married real quick! cant blame her, she found a gorgeous bubbly chocolate-coated hubby!

• Intro Updated Jul 8, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
galeena1's Profile Photo

galeena1

“Best travel is to let your mind travel”

Real Name