"The Serengeti - Endless Plains" Top 5 Page for this destination Serengeti National Park by jackfruit
Serengeti National Park Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 497 photos
Famous for it's annual wildbeest migration , the Serengeti in northwestern Tanzania is the nation's largest national park spanning over 14000 sq kms. It continues into Kenya in the the north as the Masai Mara National Park and to the southeast in Tanzania as the Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area.
Apart from it's main attraction of wildbeest, the star cast of the Serengeti also includes the lion, cheetah, zebra, giraffe, leopard, ostrich, gazelle and water buffalo.There is also a amazing variety of bird life including the secretary bird, ostrich and the african vulture.
December to May is the best season to visit the park, since the north-south wildbeest migration during this time concentrates all the wildlife in the Serengeti. Calving season in February is a popular tourist attraction. Thousands of wildbeest are born every day during this season and although few will survive to make that years migration to the Masai Mara, it is supposed to be a splendid sight to behold.
We visited in November and were lucky to see everything the plains had to offer including the elusive leopard in a tree. November is the short rainy season, but except for the lone downpour on our way to the Serengeti, we had gorgeous blue skies and dry weather the entire time.
Seronera is a good base for your Serengeti excursion. Most safari trips usually concentrate thier game drives in the Seronera region which is served by an airport and a few lodging and camping options. We stayed at the Seronera Wildlife Lodge.
- Pros:Amazing array of wildlife!
- Cons:They dont call it the dusty plains for nothing!
- In a nutshell:A wildlife lover's paradise!
Ostriches are easy to spot and dont camouflage as easily as other Serengeti dwellers. Male and female ostriches can... more travel advice
The flat dry plains of the Serengeti would be the last place you would expect to see a crocodile, right? Well,... more travel advice
jackfruit's Related Pages
Serengeti National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Serengeti"
- "Serengeti: I thought it only existed on TV"
- "The Serengeti - Endless Plains"
- "A childhood dream"
- "Serengeti - wide land"
- "From Arusha to the Serengeti"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Serengeti National Park
- Hotels in Serengeti National Park
- Transportation in Serengeti National Park
- Nightlife in Serengeti National Park
- Restaurants in Serengeti National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Serengeti National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Serengeti National Park
- 10 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Serengeti National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Serengeti National Park
- Posted in Travel Prague Forum "Re: Vinohradské vinobraní"
- Commented on one of jeffhutchinson's Serengeti National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Big birds of the plains in Serengeti National Park Things to Do
- created a Serengeti National Park Travelogue "Map of the Serengeti Plains"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Map of the Serengeti Plains"
Photos in Serengeti National ParkSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kilimanjaro National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ngorongoro Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Granada Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Miami Beach Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Serengeti National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cologne Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Manyara National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moshi Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
Latest Serengeti National Park hotel reviews
- Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge
- 297 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013