"Welcome To My Home Page." xxsummerstarzxx's Profile

This Is Me

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to visit my pages.

My name is Yvonne and I work as a therapist visiting the homes of my many clients.

I am very busy, especially in the evenings. During the day I try to catch up on all my book work.

I perform Aromatherapy Massage, Reflexology and Reiki, but am also trained in other fields. Most people find Indian Head Massage is their favourite so I am asked for this quite a lot!

I qualified as as Reiki Master some time ago, and find this therapy is the most rewarding work of all.

Having attained my mastership I am now qualified to teach and this I find particularly interesting too. All the therapies I am trained to carry out are very relaxing, especially massage.

I love animals and have one dog, 3 ginger cats, twenty guinea pigs and two horses, one is an Arab and the other is a Welsh Cob.

My hobbies include reading, cooking, swimming and working out at the local gym. I also like taking photographs though Im not very good yet!.

If you have time, please spare a moment to visit my external pages at 'Webshots' there is a link at the top of this page. If you visit, please feel free to sign my guest book I would love to hear from you all.

I am a vegitarian and have not eaten meat for many years, but my love of cooking and experimenting in the kitchen means food is never boring!

Dogs are my most favourite of animals. I work as a dog trainer teaching obedience when I have the time, but I also like to assist people with problem dogs by helping them understand how a dogs mind works. Its very interesting and extremely rewarding. In my opinion, too many dogs are put down because people simply do not understand their needs.

I hope you find my travel pages interesting and helpful, I will try to make them as useful as possible for all the travellers amongst us.

A big thankyou to all those who have sent me messages, e mails and ratings, I appreciate the time you have spared me.

Enjoy!

Boating in Corfu

I had never been in charge of a boat before but I loved the experience and cant wait to repeat it. The beaches were deserted and very beautiful but the sea was absolutely freezing! This picture was taken in Paleokaistra which is in the North West region of Corfu. I stayed in a villa in Kassiopi for my two weeks holiday but did a fair bit of travelling around the island, making the most of everything. Next March Im off to Sri Lanka and the Maldives and I cant wait. Im taking a diving course soon so I can explore the depths of the underwater world.

Splash!

This is my Rottweiler dog, Alfie. He is at the hydrotherapy unit. He swims once a week as he has hip and elbow displaysia.

He is well trained but is still very playful. He is so big now he can be quite a handful for someone as petite as me. I am only 4'11'' you see!

One Of My Cats

This is Digger, he my favourite cat. He was very wild when I found him as a tiny kitten, having been abandoned by his mum. He is still very shy and wont come to anyone but me.

My Blind Cat Called Fudge

This is a picture of my cat Fudge.

Fudge is now 7 years old and totally blind.

I found him wandering around a farm when he was about 4 weeks old having been thrown from the 'nest' by his mother. She knew something was wrong with him I suppose. As soon as he heard my footsteps he followed me everywhere. I was terrified he would be crushed under one of the horses hooves, so I brought him home to live with me.

I took him to the vet immediately, and was told because off his lack of sight, he would lead a very stressful lifestyle it would be kinder to have him put to sleep rather than let him die traumatised. I could not do this to a poor defenceless kitten, so I decided to give him a try at home. At least he had a fighting chance of survival. What did he have to lose?

All these years later he is a happy and contented boy, playing with the other cats, and the Rottweiler too. Digger often brings home 'presents' like a bird or a mouse and they always cuddle up together at bedtime.

He finds enormous pleasure in being fussed and he loves his food. He eats so much he is one of the biggest cats I have ever seen ... a real weighty boy! I guess eating is the stimulation he needs to keep him happy.

He goes into the garden, as you can see from the pic, but he never ventures far away. People think me mad to let him outside, but having been born on a farm I believe he needs the fresh air in his little lungs.

I adore this cat and do so admire his bravery.

This Is Alfie's Predecessor - Troy

This is a picture of Troy, the first Rottie I ever owned.

Sadly, Troy is no longer with us, he passed 2 years ago this coming Christmas Eve aged 13 years.

Troy was a real character and was an obedient and loyal friend to me.

We had so much fun together and to this day I still miss him like crazy. He used to come everywhere with me, even to work! My motto was if I am welcome my dog must be welcomed also!

I built a web site all about Troy and called it 'Troys Trivia' he had fans all over the world who would 'tune in' for his jokes and photographs. He was truly amazing. The pic I have put on this page shows how my Rottie celebrated Halloween, though I believe he enjoyed the sausages and steak more than anything else. As you can see he loved to dress up and be the centre of attention.

I always said we would never be parted so when he died I had him privately cremated and his ashes are here with me. When it is my turn to depart this earth Ive left instructions that Troy be buried with me. It seems a fitting tribute to such a fine boy.

• Intro Updated Sep 22, 2005

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
xxsummerstarzxx's Profile Photo

xxsummerstarzxx

“"When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money."”

Real Name