"SYDNEY" Sydney by dmirebella
Sydney Travel Guide: 5,796 reviews and 13,501 photos
I am NOT at all satisfied with my experiances at Sydney yet - I have been here on short trips and I know for a fact that I will have to make a much longer trip *out of work* to truly get a feel of what a vibrant city Sydney is. As the Australia tourist website says .. " A dollar goes a long way in cosmopolitan Sydney, with its beautiful harbour and easy-going, lifestyle Sydney is a place where even modest income travelers can enjoy Australia’s high life at a moderate price. "
Now - Sydney is often mistaken to be the capital of Australia where it reality - its not! Sydney is the capital if NSW, one of the many states in Australia .. and thats it.
Sydney is however the oldest, the largest and perhaps the most cosmopolitan of all the other Australian cities... and is one should be forgiven to think that all it has is its landmarks - thats not true at all... Admittingly, it was structured around the harbours which is now Sydney Harbour.
All in all however, I am noticing that it has more to offer than the usual hype being sold towards the tourist trade - and am hoping to spend a longer period of time here to absorb the real Sydney.
NSW is Australia’s most populous state with over 7 million residents calling it home. As mentioned, it’s capital is Sydney.
NSW’s boasts to mild winters and warm summers. Rain falls mostly in winter (June, July, and August) This mild climate stretches north and south from Sydney with beaches, nature reserves, and amazing places to visit spread up and down the coast.
Its most obvious attractions include the Opera House, the Harbour Bridge and the Rocks area which are all within walking distance to each other.
- Pros:Plenty to do, plenty to see...
- Cons:Might be a bit disconcerting to ppl not used to a frantic city life
- In a nutshell:Hectic, Noisy, Claustrophobic.. but *hell*.. thats Sydney.
The Archery Park adjoins Haslams Creek and wetlands and is part of the open space of Sydney Olympic Park. The building... more travel advice
Who needs cash? There are plenty of things to do should one be on a tight budget as I was!! 1. Check out the buskers... more travel advice
dmirebella's Related Pages
Sydney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What do you do with your weekend?"
- "Love Those Sydneysiders"
- "Sydney - For the discerning tourist"
- "Flying down Sydney Way..."
- "The best start to any adventure Down Under"
- "City of Water and Trees"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sydney
- Hotels in Sydney
- Transportation in Sydney
- Nightlife in Sydney
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Shopping in Sydney
- Warnings and Dangers in Sydney
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sydney
- 14 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Sydney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sydney
Top 10 Pages
- Taipei Intro, 32 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 19 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Adelaide Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Queenstown Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Streaky Bay Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue