"SYDNEY" Sydney by dmirebella

Sydney Travel Guide: 5,796 reviews and 13,501 photos

I am NOT at all satisfied with my experiances at Sydney yet - I have been here on short trips and I know for a fact that I will have to make a much longer trip *out of work* to truly get a feel of what a vibrant city Sydney is. As the Australia tourist website says .. " A dollar goes a long way in cosmopolitan Sydney, with its beautiful harbour and easy-going, lifestyle Sydney is a place where even modest income travelers can enjoy Australia’s high life at a moderate price. "

Now - Sydney is often mistaken to be the capital of Australia where it reality - its not! Sydney is the capital if NSW, one of the many states in Australia .. and thats it.

Sydney is however the oldest, the largest and perhaps the most cosmopolitan of all the other Australian cities... and is one should be forgiven to think that all it has is its landmarks - thats not true at all... Admittingly, it was structured around the harbours which is now Sydney Harbour.

All in all however, I am noticing that it has more to offer than the usual hype being sold towards the tourist trade - and am hoping to spend a longer period of time here to absorb the real Sydney.

New South Wales (NSW)

NSW is Australia’s most populous state with over 7 million residents calling it home. As mentioned, it’s capital is Sydney.

NSW’s boasts to mild winters and warm summers. Rain falls mostly in winter (June, July, and August) This mild climate stretches north and south from Sydney with beaches, nature reserves, and amazing places to visit spread up and down the coast.

Its most obvious attractions include the Opera House, the Harbour Bridge and the Rocks area which are all within walking distance to each other.

• Pros:Plenty to do, plenty to see...
  • Cons:Might be a bit disconcerting to ppl not used to a frantic city life
  • In a nutshell:Hectic, Noisy, Claustrophobic.. but *hell*.. thats Sydney.
  • Last visit to Sydney: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 30, 2004

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Nice and interesting tips By the way , in Mexico you will take Tequila with lemon and Mezcal with the worm Buen viaje!!!!

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2008 at 1:11 AM

I am coming to sydney next sunday

• BlaTboy's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2006 at 7:23 PM

WAH!! I feeeeeel SOOOOOO Speciiiiial lah!! Fianlly made it on the Exclusive "D" list, hmmm. aaaaahhhhhhhhh hhhhhh!!! ! =) hehehehehehe Cheers B-out have a G'day! LAH!!!!!!!

• zlatiq's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2006 at 12:37 PM

thanks for the tips:)i'll check out those places you've mentioned

• percy961's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2005 at 8:55 AM

Great tips on your City, we are looking forward to visiting in Jan 2006.

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2004 at 12:10 AM

HAVE to see a photo of those pancakes Deepa!!!!

• Tourtech's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2004 at 6:48 AM

Hello there. Thanks for visiting my page. My wife and I are going to Sydney in Feb of 2005. She has been accross the bridge, I was working and missed it. this time I am going at sunset. Safe travels from Canada....

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 5:42 PM

Nice pictures and tips about a city I've always wanted to visit....maybe someday. By the way, thanks for checking out my Malaysia page the other day.

• knerten's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2004 at 8:36 AM

Sigh...all the things I didn't have time to see on my short visit to Sydney...must do it next time around. Thanks for sharing.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2004 at 5:12 PM

Thanks for the pictures and tips! I appreciate it!

dmirebella

“Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and win as they have more EXPERIENCE! - Anon”

Badges & Stats in Sydney