"Beijing - the mecca of shopping :o)" Beijing by sahlenare
Beijing Travel Guide: 6,194 reviews and 15,410 photos
IWhen we first arrived to Beijing we of course got stuck in line for the visa control, After a long flight with transfer in Bangkok (we waited there for approximately 4 hours..) we were not in the mood for a HUGE line to the visa control.
After 2 hours of waiting it was finally our turn and we entered Beijing!
Finding a taxi (and the driver I might ad spoke English at least 5 words!!) and off we went - into the traffic chaos of Beijing.
I was freezing my but off after spending the last couple of months in warm KL to arrive to Beijing were it was + 10 Celsius and no coat I felt sorry for myself.
Our first night we went to a pretty chaotic restaurant but with glorious food!
Our first day we decided to go to the Forbidden City – and we did a LOT of walking, but the strange thing was it felt like we hadn’t done any walking at all!
Walking over the square I was very surprised and pleased to see all the families teaching their youngsters how to fly a kike! It was so relaxing to watch them play. We had lovely weather specially for being Beijing, + 12-14, sunshine and no wind.
- Pros:exciting, full of life, good food LOVELY history
- Cons:if you don't speak "chinese".. you have a problem..
- In a nutshell:Hectic with a lot of history...
Really easy and quick.. you didn't get stuck in traffic jam.. as long as you know where you are going its the best... more travel advice
Breathtaking view, lakes, mountains, tempels and... once again it is enormous!!! You will not have any time to do... more travel advice
sahlenare's Related Pages
Beijing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing - Imperial Peking"
- "My wonderful Beijing"
- "Beijing: from the Forbidden City to the Great Wall"
- "Beijing - The Northern Capital"
- "Beijing (北京)"
- "Beijing----gives you much more than you expected!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing
- Hotels in Beijing
- Transportation in Beijing
- Nightlife in Beijing
- Restaurants in Beijing
- Shopping in Beijing
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing
- 5 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing
Photos in BeijingSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 35 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 22 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 6 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 5 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Herrenberg Intro, 1 review, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 1 review, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sweden Intro, 1 review, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Maldives Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Latest Beijing hotel reviews
- Hotel Kapok Beijing
- 443 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Citytel Inn
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- City Hotel Beijing
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2010
- Xiyuan Hotel
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 31, 2013
- Beijing Asia Hotel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Jiangxi Grand Hotel
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Peking International Youth Hostel
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Huatong International Youth Hostel
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 25, 2013
- Howard Johnson Paragon Hotel
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Hanting Hotel (Beijing Wangfujing)
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 15, 2013
- Huandao Boya Hotel Beijing
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2012
- Rosedale Hotel And Suites Beijing
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Xuan Wu Men Hotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2012
- Plaza Hotel Beijing
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 8, 2013