"Slovenia, Wild, beautiful and hospitable" Slovenia by MadKiwiBeast
Slovenia Travel Guide: 7,906 reviews and 20,431 photos
Can't even remember their names, but as is so typical of Slovenia, they gave us help without being asked. We had a ten km climb out of Cerkno that was practically vertical, and we were pushing our bikes up the first 500 metres, when these guys stopped their work truck, threw our bikes on the back and drove us to the top. Laughter overrode the language barrier, you could tell they thought we were mad trying to get our crap bikes over the mountain - dumb tourists! This is how I will always remember Slovenia, full of warm and friendly people who will go out of their way to help, Thanks Guys!!!
Between Gorenja Vas and Ljubljana we found ourselves on a lovely wee dirt road winding along the edge of a stream, with permission of a farming family we camped near here, as with all the others we met this family showed us such hospitality, treating us to homemade juice made from wild flowers and wild strawberries and milk fresh from the cow.
We thought this was an abandoned house so pitched our tent outside the front door, and made a quick washing line tied on the door handle, only to have the owner stagger in drunk at 2am, thankfully he was really good about it, didn't seem to mind, but it made us a little more careful with our camping spots afterwards...
- Pros:The warmth and hospitality
- Cons:Rainy days in the mountains
- In a nutshell:Kiwiland with a funny language
No benzine, no schedules, go where you like, when you like and get fit on the way. Meet more people, see more sights and... more travel advice
MadKiwiBeast's Related Pages
Slovenia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On the Sunny Side of The Alps"
- "Slovenija, lepa dezela (beautiful country)"
- "Small country of numerous wonders"
- "The Julian Alps"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Slovenia
- Hotels in Slovenia
- Transportation in Slovenia
- Nightlife in Slovenia
- Restaurants in Slovenia
- Shopping in Slovenia
- Warnings and Dangers in Slovenia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Slovenia
- 2 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Slovenia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Slovenia
Top 10 Pages
- Slovenia Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Colville Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Austria Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Latakia Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Europe Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chiang Mai Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Syria Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Manarola Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue