"* Far From Home *" tagalonggal's Profile

After May 2003

*The really heroic people are not the ones who travel 10,000 miles by dog sled, but those who
stay 10,000 days in one place.*

William Gordon, Episcopal Bishop of Alaska

These photos were taken at my old compound after the May 2003 bombings of three Foreign Compounds in Riyadh. These armed military vehicles, plus others inside the compounds, are new additions to life here in Saudi Arabia.

When I first arrived in the Kingdom, it was in 1987 and living here was challenging but we loved every minute of it. I still find it hard to accept that this country has changed so much!

Many of our friends have left since May 2003. We've stayed on because we still have hope that there will be peace in the Middle East -- and that we will be fortunate enough to see it happen.

INSHALLAH

A reminder of happier days in Saudi Arabia.

• Intro Updated Nov 3, 2003

• Canadienne's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2004 at 6:28 AM

Thank you for the kind wishes and compliments!! Nice to see you re-appear again. . .I hope more pages are in store for us! :-)

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2004 at 8:29 PM

Would love to be in the sloop in the water rather than the tank in the sand!!! HAHAHA!!! Nice intro page!!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2004 at 1:31 PM

Birthday greetings to you. May your day be perfect and filled with fun, friends, fabulous food, and family.

• saidur_khan's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2004 at 7:49 AM

Happy birthday, Have a great and nice birthday, Wish you all the best, Greetings from Bangladesh.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2003 at 3:05 AM

Hi. Thanks for dropping by. What a very interesting home page you have!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2003 at 4:20 AM

Elisabeth, I hope to see more of your pages very soon. Thank you for visiting my Sharm page.

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2003 at 6:41 AM

Thanks for visiting my Middle East pag Elizabeth! I agree with my friend Stevie...you're welcome to VT Bests :-)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!