"LUDERITZ - KOLMANSKOP" Luderitz by Dodo22
Luderitz Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 34 photos
Ludertiz reminds me of an old Bavrian village - except it is located on a very barren and windswept coastline in Namibia. It is quite a desolute place but has a picturesque port which is home to a fleet of crayfishing boats.
A great trip from Luderitz is to go out to the ghost town of Kolmanskop which used to be a large diamond mining town.
It was deserted in 1956 and since then has slowly been reclaimed by the dunes.
There has been some restoration work done on some of the buildings and there is a great museum to look through.
This was obviously one of the more expensive houses in the town, and maybe this is why it is still standing.
Dodo22's Related Pages
Luderitz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LUDERITZ - KOLMANSKOP"
- "On the search for Diamonds"
- "Never--Rain Snow"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Luderitz
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Luderitz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luderitz
Top 10 Pages
- Raglan Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos
- Auckland Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Fiji Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Great Barrier Island Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Wellington Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Tawharanui Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Nadi Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos