"Raglan" Raglan by Dodo22
Raglan Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 90 photos
Raglan is a coastal town on the west coast of the North Island and is about 50 km from Hamilton and about 150kms or 2 hours from Auckland. Raglan is famous for it's surfing, music, artisans, cafés and laid back lifestyle.
This photo is Raglan's main surf beach and sees alot of visitors in the summer. This shot is the southern end where on the day we visited the Surf Patrol had their flags out. You can walk northwards along this beach towards the entrance to Raglan harbour - lots of lovely dark sand, sand dunes with the sea rolling in all the way from Australia !!
A very sheltered estuary that is safe for swimming and kayaking. There is a footbridge that connects this beach to the town, apparently you can jump off the bridge into the water but I wasn't game enough to try. Over that side is also the motorcamp.
- Pros:Great little beach resort and a good place to chill out
- Cons:Have only visited once for day and didn't find any !!
There are alot of tracks and walks around Raglan that cater for the fit and not so fit (I classify myself in the latter... more travel advice
A great little Ice cream shop and Kebab place on Bow Street. They have fabulous waffle cones with your choice of... more travel advice
Dodo22's Related Pages
Raglan Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Raglan
- Hotels in Raglan
- Restaurants in Raglan
- Warnings and Dangers in Raglan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Raglan
- 14 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Raglan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Raglan
Top 10 Pages
- Raglan Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos
- Auckland Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Fiji Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Great Barrier Island Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Wellington Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Tawharanui Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Nadi Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos