"Banff National Park" Banff National Park by backpacker_andi
Banff National Park Travel Guide: 780 reviews and 1,488 photos
The most beautiful place on eath where I have ever been. This place is a must for every outdoor sports fan. Enjoy real Canadian nature combined with lots of opportunies of any sport you like. I have been here for an 8 day overnight hike backpacking through the backcountry. I went to Mt. Assiniboine Provincial Park and to Mt. Assiniboine itself.
I had the possibility to go on a 8 day hike through the Canadian Mountains. I went with a very good friend. We had full outdoor hiking and camping equipment with us, and I was able getting perfect views of the mountains, which has completely changed my life. It was really an outdoor adventure. We started in Banff and went to Healey Creek Campground, went on to Porcupine Campground in Mt. Assiniboine Provioncial Park. From there we reached Og-Lake Campground and afterwards Lake Magog. There we stayed for a few days and had some nice one-day hikes. Finally we went back to Og-Lake, Howard-Douglas Lake Campground, Brewster Creek Campground and back to Banff.
- Pros:beautiful nature, beautiful views, beautiful trails, beautiful everything
- Cons:be aware of bears
- In a nutshell:This has been THE hike of my life
When trying to find the trail between the Citadel Peak and the Brewster Creek, you should follow the stone heaps. If you... more travel advice
In summer, there seem to be a lot of mosquitos, especially on the campgrounds. You should wear a net over your face, to... more travel advice
backpacker_andi's Related Pages
Banff National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CANADA'S FIRST NATIONAL PARK"
- "under re construction please come back"
- "The Canadian Rockies"
- "BANFF NATIONAL PARK"
- "Not Really Bashing Banff But...."
- "Banff National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banff National Park
- Hotels in Banff National Park
- Transportation in Banff National Park
- Nightlife in Banff National Park
- Restaurants in Banff National Park
- Shopping in Banff National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Banff National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Banff National Park
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Banff National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banff National Park
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "What to so in Amsterdam for one..."
- Wrote a Review No trail between Citadel Peak and Brewster Creek about Stay on the designated trails!!!! in Banff National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "No trail between Citadel Peak and Brewster Creek"
- updated a Banff National Park Travel Page "Banff National Park"
Photos in Banff National ParkSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Banff National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Edmonton Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Cologne Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Frechen Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Renesse Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Florence Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Picos de Europa Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- San Vicente Intro, 3 photos
- Bruck Intro, 2 photos
- Calgary Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.
Latest Banff National Park hotel reviews
- Brewster's Kananaskis Guest Ranch
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 23, 2011
- Bow Valley Motel
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Patricia Lake Bungalows
- 491 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- The Glacier View Inn
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Banff Springs Hotel
- 112 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Mt. Engadine Lodge
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 25, 2013