"Good old Tilburg" Tilburg by Linda1979
Tilburg Travel Guide: 164 reviews and 439 photos
Tilburg is the city where I was born and where I've lived for 24 years. It is not a bad place to live.
There's a university in TIlburg, so a lot of young people live here. There are lots of café's, coffeeshops and some discotheques. So nightlife is pretty okay there.
You can do you your shopping at "the Heuvel" (near the station), but the centres of Breda, Eindhoven and 's Hertogenbosch will offer you a greater variety of shops. Luckily, these places are only half an hour away (by train or car).
Tilburg houses a variety of musea. If you are interested in modern art, you should visit "de Pont". The building in wich this museum is located used to be a big textile-factory. The textile-industry played a big role in Tilburg-history. Therefore it is not that strange that there is a textile-museum in Tilburg as well. In "het Textielmuseum" you can find both displays about the textile-history as well as modern textile-art. Other musea in Tilburg are:
- scryption (about writing and typing)
- brabants natuurmuseum (nature)
- poppen en speelgoedmuseum (dolls and toys)
- maison du vin Jean Arnaud (whine museum)
When interested in modern architecture (housing), you should visit the part of the city that is called "de Reeshof".
- Pros:close to the Efteling, nice café's and most my friends live there
- Cons:Shopping is not that good and criminal-rate is getting higher and higher
- In a nutshell:you can do almost anything in or near Tilburg
Linda1979's Related Pages
Tilburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tilburg - city of the damned?"
- "Tilburg, a vanishing city"
- "Music City"
- "catnl's new Tilburg Page"
- "We visit Tilburg"
- "My New World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tilburg
- Hotels in Tilburg
- Transportation in Tilburg
- Nightlife in Tilburg
- Restaurants in Tilburg
- Shopping in Tilburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Tilburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tilburg
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Tilburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tilburg
Top 5 Pages
- Vientiane 4 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manado Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Laos Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tilburg Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Tomohon 1 review, 1 photo