Las Vegas Transportation Tips by mightywease
Las Vegas Transportation: 431 reviews and 396 photos
The Luxor Hotel Entrance!
There are two free trams in Vegas, one running through the gardens between The Mirage and Treasure Island, the second running from Excalibur to the Mandalay Bay (southbound) and the Mandalay Bay, Luxor and Excalibur (northbound).
The latter is particularly useful as it is a fair trek along the strip between those hotels. You also get some fantastic views of the Sphinx at the front of the Luxor!
Hills around Vegas
The Las Vegas Monorail runs a 4-mile route between the Sahara Hotel towards the north end of the strip and the MGM Grand, towards the south, stopping at 5 stations in between. From these five stations you can walk to most of the hotels/attractions on the strip or, from the MGM Grand, cross over to join the tram running between the Excalibur, Luxor and Mandalay Bay (even better, this tram is free!)
If you feet are aching it is a convenient way, particularly in the middle of the strip, to get from one hotel to another, however, be warned that the Monorail Stations can be a fair walk from the front of the hotels and the Strip itself. It took us 15 minutes to walk from our room in the Mirage to the nearest Monorail station at Harrah’s/Imperial Palace.
As the monorail travels behind most of the hotels it does give you a slightly different view of Las Vegas. Single journeys cost 3.00 dollars each but you can buy packs of tickets which work out cheaper per journey i.e.20 dollars for a strip of 10 rides (this tickets can be shared between a number of people), 10 dollars for a day ticket and 25 dollars for a 3 day ticket (these cannot be shared).
The service runs from 7.00am-2.00am daily with rains arriving every 4 to 12 minutes depending on the time of day.
While we were there (May 2005) it did break down a few times (so we heard) and there seemed to be a lot of criticism on the local news about it’s efficiency, however, we used it almost every day with no problems whatsoever.
For more information visit their very informative website www.lvmonorail.com
More Reviews (19)
mightywease's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "las vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Explore the World
- Albert Lea Hotels
- Kampung Menaul Hotels
- Golubovci Hotels
- Gander Bay Hotels
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 21 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
Photos in Las VegasSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 36 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 22 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 42 photos
- Prague Intro, 20 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gdansk Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brugge Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos
- Gent Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos
Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews
- Somerset House Motel
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2012
- Staybridge Suites Las Vegas
- 384 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Best Western Mccarran Inn
- 276 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- El Cortez Cabana Suites
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- The New Frontier Hotel And Casino
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
- Meridian Luxury Suites Las Vegas
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 4, 2013
- Budget Suites of America - Wynn
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2013
- The Suites- Boulder Strip
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 12, 2012
- Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South
- 202 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Mount Charleston Lodge
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 2, 2013
- Motel 6 Las Vegas - I-15
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 26, 2013
- Circusland RV Park
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Fremont Street Experience- 83 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Venetian Hotel - Casino- 139 Reviews, 306 Photos
- Mirage- 118 Reviews, 199 Photos
- Bellagio Fountains- 135 Reviews, 263 Photos
- MGM Grand- 62 Reviews, 109 Photos
- Caesar's Palace- 95 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Treasure Island Hotel - Casino- 58 Reviews, 110 Photos
- Lake Mead and Hoover Dam- 87 Reviews, 240 Photos
- Luxor- 74 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Stratosphere- 77 Reviews, 117 Photos
See All Las Vegas Things to Do