Las Vegas Restaurant Tips by mightywease
Las Vegas Restaurants: 1,211 reviews and 1,328 photos
Paris LV & Steve
What could be more romantic than having dinner directly under the Eiffel Tower while watching a choreographed fountain display on the neighbouring Italian Lake? Eh? Okay, I’m not in Paris. I am, of course, in Vegas!
Mon Ami Gabi is a bistro style restaurant in the Paris Las Vegas Hotel with views – and a terrace – overlooking the Strip and the Bellagio fountains across from it. Although quite a large restaurant it manages to retain an intimate feel, helped by subdued lighting and that most romantic of radiance, candlelight. The inner room is furnished in dark wood and has the feel of an exclusive members only club, the conservatory is airy and light with large windows overlooking the terrace and the Strip – we were lucky enough to get a table by one of the windows and had a great view – the terrace itself looked like a great place for people watching and, on a warm evening, a wonderful spot for watching dusk fall and Vegas light up.
Service was excellent, understated yet pleasant and efficient but without making you feel that you were being rushed. Most importantly the food – French influenced steak and seafood - was delicious.
Favorite Dish: We had
Shrimp Gabi – thick meaty prawns in an oil and garlic sauce
Sea Scallop Gartinee – scallops in a mouth-watering cream, garlic and mushroom sauce
Steak Roquefort and Frites - excellent
Parmesan Crusted Fish and Frites – like very posh fish and chips, fabulous. The frites were so thinly sliced they were like delicate and tasty crisps
Banana Crepe with Ice-Cream and Syrup – Yum!
Crème Brulee – Yum, Yum!
Bottle of white wine, 2 cocktails and 2 glasses of dessert wine
Total cost for two with tip – 180 dollars
Quite expensive but worth every penny!
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: 3655 Las Vegas Blvd. S. Las Vegas, NV 89109
Price: US$41 and up
The Roasted bean Cafe
Having gorged ourselves on the Mirage’s buffet breakfast we decided one morning to go for a smaller, more restrained breakfast at the hotel’s coffee shop/patisserie – The Roasted Bean.
It was a popular place, when we arrived the queue was pretty long but the efficient servers dealt with everyone quickly – and politely – even when faced with English indecision and uncertainty over what constitutes a Cheese Danish, whether we wanted de-caff, semi or full fat, tall or grande!
As you can see our ‘small’ breakfast didn’t turn out to be that small. This must be the largest blueberry muffin I’ve ewer seen. And it was delicious. Every last crumb of it!
Favorite Dish: The Cheese Danish - what I think over here we might call custard danish - was very, very good!
Address: 3400 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Comparison: about average
Directions: In the Mirage near to the entrance to the convention centre
Vegas Bic says "Hi"
If you want a big blow out breakfast, lunch or dinner in Vegas then a hotel buffet is the thing for you! Prices vary depending on the establishment. Brunch at one end of the strip in The Stratosphere costs $7.99, further along at The Mirage it costs $12.50. Similarly prices at dinner can range between $12.00 and $25.00, however, this is for all you can eat plus soft drinks (alcoholic drinks are, in general, extra).
Most buffets offer a wide range of different cuisines - American, Chinese, Mexican (breakfast burritos, yum!), French, Italian – and they may also ‘dedicate’ one night to a particular cuisine i.e Seafood or, on a Saturday and Sunday morning, offer a Champagne breakfast/brunch.
With their all you can eat policies a buffet in Vegas offers great value for money, you can practice the art of ‘how much can I pile on my plate’ without anything falling off and it’s unlikely you’ll leave hungry!
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (18)
- Adult Advertising
- See All Grand Canal Shops at Venetian
- See All Star Trek Experience - Deep Space Vegas!...
mightywease's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "las vegas"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lenasia Hotels
- Canoa Quebrada Hotels
- Fort Yargo State Park Hotels
- Vero Beach
- Tel Mond Hotels
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 21 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
Photos in Las VegasSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos
- Krakow Intro, 36 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 42 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 22 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 20 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gdansk Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brugge Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos
- Gent Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos
Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews
- El Cortez Hotel & Casino
- 637 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
- 760 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2013
- Motel 6 - Las Vegas (Tropicana)
- 223 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- Aztec Inn
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Manor Suites
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 5, 2013
- Sam's Town RV Park
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Budget Suites of America - West Tropicana
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Super 8 Motel Las Vegas
- 296 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Tod Motor Motel
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Suncoast Hotel and Casino
- 502 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
- 738 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
- Travelodge - Las Vegas Strip
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Sahara Las Vegas Hotel and Casino
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
- California Hotel and Casino
- 222 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Oasis Motel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2012
- Fremont Street Experience- 86 Reviews, 175 Photos
- Venetian Hotel - Casino- 139 Reviews, 306 Photos
- Bellagio Fountains- 136 Reviews, 266 Photos
- Mirage- 118 Reviews, 199 Photos
- Caesar's Palace- 96 Reviews, 206 Photos
- Treasure Island Hotel - Casino- 59 Reviews, 113 Photos
- MGM Grand- 62 Reviews, 109 Photos
- Luxor- 74 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Paris Hotel - Casino- 77 Reviews, 166 Photos
- Bellagio Conservatory- 49 Reviews, 137 Photos
See All Las Vegas Things to Do