"Just Can't Get Enough" Barcelona by mightywease
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,772 reviews and 22,424 photos
Sadly we were on a rather flying visit to Barcelona, arriving on Friday, departing Sunday and with much of Saturday evening being devoted by the men-folk of the party to a Depeche Mode concert.
However even in such a short time - and with the distraction of Dave and the boys - we were able to appreciate what a wonderful array of things this fantastic city has to offer
CULTURE/HISTORY - with museums dedicated to Picasso and Miro, plus Catalan Art and Heritage, architecture by Gaudi (all of which are listed under UNESCO World Heritage Sites) and a history encompassing Romans, Moors as well as Catalans there are ample opportunities for any culture vultures thinking of resting their wings in this city
FOOD - Fresh seafood, Gambas Al Ajilla (Garlic Prawns) Catalan Toast with Anchovies, Chorizo Sausage, Tapas, Rioja Wine, Patatas Bravas (spicy potatoes) and so much more. Is your mouth watering yet? It should be!
NIGHTLIFE - Bars, restaurants, the port area, the Ramblas, Barri Gotic, sit inside, sit out, order a glass of something, sit back, enjoy!
SHOPPING - They stay open until 10.00pm on Saturday. Well, what's a girl to do when her other half has gone off to see Depeche?
SUNDAY MORNING - The shops are shut, the people are out and Barcelona becomes one huge, exciting, lively playground, creche, dance hall, concert venue, acrobatic display, meeting place, conversation piece. Fabulous!
Unlike the other gentlemen in the party Furry Muttley didn't buy any "Depeche Mode: Pain and Suffering" dog tags. Despite the fact that he is a dog. And does like shiny medal like things
However he was quite happy chasing pigeons up and down Las Ramblas! And sitiing on statues!
- Pros:Vibrant, Exciting, Loads to See and Do
- Cons:Err..very busy
- In a nutshell:Fantastic mix of history, culture and nightlife with a great vibe!
A lift takes you to the roof of Barcelona Cathedral and a walk along the bouncy steel walkway not only gives you... more travel advice
One of the entrances to the Cathedral is through the cloistered courtyard. It’s a wonderful space, stone flagged floors,... more travel advice
mightywease's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "The capital of County of Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 5 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How many do you have?"
- Wrote a Review Barcelona Cathedral - Roof and Views about Barcelona Cathedral - Catedral de la Santa Creu i Santa Eulàlia in Barcelona Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Barcelona Cathedral: Clisters"
- updated a Barcelona Travel Page "Just Can't Get Enough"
Photos in BarcelonaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos
- Krakow Intro, 36 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 42 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 22 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 20 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gdansk Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brugge Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos
- Gent Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos