Novi Sad Things to Do Tips by andrea.d Top 5 Page for this destination
Novi Sad Things to Do: 197 reviews and 344 photos
Orthodox Bishop's Hall is situated in the begining of Zmaj Jovina Street.
Directions: Old town
This is the main street in the city centre. Within the city centre there are about forty streets, four squares, "Vladikin dvor"- the Bishop of Backa residence. You can also find numerous churches there: Saborna (the Orthodox Cathedral), Nikolajevska (Church of St. Nicholas), Katedrala i porta (Catholic Cathedral with churchyard), Grkokatolicka (Greek Catholic church) and Slovacko-evangelisticka (Slovak-evangelistic church).
Directions: Old town
Petrovaradin Fortress - view from the Danube
The construction of the Fortress lasted from 1692 to 1780 and it was designed by the French marquis Sebastian Vauban. The Fortress spreads across 112 hectares and it's underground passages are more than 16km long. It was called "The Gibraltar on the Danube" due to its size and solid structure. Since 1951 it has been civilian, mainly cultural, artistic and tourist site.
12.02.06. I just got an email from vt member JLBG who wrote me some information about the fortress that even i didn't know (and i live here)! So he full name of the architect of Petrovaradin Fortress is S?bastien Le Prestre
de Vauban, usually called S?bastien de Vauban and even more often Vauban. He was
a top military architect and very famous in France. He has built a great many
forts and fortresses.
Thank you for this information Jean-Louis!
Roofs of the suburban part
The Austrians built the Fortress and its suburban settlement, as we know then today, during the 17th and 18th centuries.
The peculiarity of the clock is that its big hand tells hours and small hand tells minutes. It was done with the purpose - in order to make it possible for the citizens of Novi Sad and Petrovaradin as well as the shippers traveling along the Danube to see the time from a long distance.
This is one of the most beautiful buildings in Dunavska Street, and it is located at number 29. The house was built in 1903 and the project was made by the architect Frantz Voruda. The exhibition of period furniture, carpets and household objects mostly produced in Austria, Germany and Turkey is especially beautiful.
Sremski Karlovci is a town 10km away from Novi Sad. It is a town with great cultural and historical herritage.
This is one the most beautiful streets in Novi Sad, but unfortunantely I took this photo while the street was under some works. But, I hope that you can still see some of its beauty.
This is one very nice park in the center of the city, which has one little lake with swans. All the people in Novi Sad are very proud of our little "swan community" :)
Address: center of the city, you really can't miss it!
More Reviews (24)
- See All Heaven on the Danube!
- See All From A to B
- See All One cool place
- See All Hotel Aleksandar
andrea.d's Related Pages
Novi Sad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "N O V I S A D"
- "Novi Sad-capital of Vojvodina"
- "My Novi Sad"
- "Novi Sad"
- "U Novom Sadu"
- "Novi Sad"
- "Noble and gentle."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Novi Sad
- Hotels in Novi Sad
- Transportation in Novi Sad
- Nightlife in Novi Sad
- Restaurants in Novi Sad
- Shopping in Novi Sad
- Warnings and Dangers in Novi Sad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Novi Sad
- 33 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 107 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Novi Sad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Novi Sad
Photos in Novi SadSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Novi Sad Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 26 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hamburg Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodrum Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sremski Karlovci Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Portugal Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Centre- 74 Reviews, 125 Photos
- Petrovaradin- 33 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Liberty Square/Trg Slobode- 11 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Zmaj Jovina Street- 7 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Danube & bridges- 17 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Parks- 16 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Fruska Gora- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Sremski Karlovci- 3 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Danube Street/Dunavska ulica- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Liman- 1 Reviews, 5 Photos