"ZLATIBOR" Zlatibor by andrea.d
Zlatibor Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 15 photos
Zlatibor is a mountain in southwestern part of Serbia. It is named by the "golden pine trees" which are protected as a natural rarity.
There are a large number of cultural and historic monuments on the Zlatibor Mt. Among them the most interesting are: Sirogojno, an ethno-park and a museum of local building tradition, then a small church from the times of Nemanjic's Dynasty and three cabin churches. Other famous places of interest on the Zlatibor Mt. are Stopica Cave, the gorge of the Crni Rzav river and the Murtenica, a rain forest.
From August, 19th, 1893, Zlatibor is an official destination for vacation, convalescence and recreation. That day, Aleksandar Obrenovic, the King of Serbia, built a commemorative-fountain at the Kulasevac Spring and pointed out charms of the unpolluted and healing Zlatibor. Nowadays, Zlatibor is a modern tourist center, ready to entertain most demanding tourists.
From the long time ago, Zlatibor is renown as a healthy area, with outstanding climate, geomedical and florist wealth. The geological composition of Zlatibor makes serpentine plateau, mostly widespread and best preserved massif of basic rocks in the Alpes system. Number of sunny hours is 1827,7 at average and maximum 2002,6. Dry air with small number of microorganisms, are a real blessing for everybody who decides to spend time in this mountain.
Just a thing i noticed.... Some streets have funny names in Zlatibor, this one in the pic is called the White Daisy... more travel advice
...It's a must!!! Zlatibor is a perfect place for long walks! At least 2 hours every day :) more travel advice
andrea.d's Related Pages
Zlatibor Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Zlatibor
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Zlatibor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zlatibor
Photos in ZlatiborSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Novi Sad Intro, 33 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 26 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hamburg Intro, 20 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bodrum Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sremski Karlovci Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Portugal Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Zagreb Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos