"Meadow of Flowers=Gulmarg" Gulmarg by vickss
Gulmarg Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 212 photos
My expectations from Gulmarg was matched to the dot by the amazing green landscape of the place. It appears like a huge green blanket spread over mounds which are spread all around like a desert. On 2 sides there is the classic views of snow capped mountains. In one word: heaven
Gulmarg is a place where tourists usually come for a day visit from Gulmarg. It makes sense as the rigid taxi norms(more on this in transportation tips) in Kashmir makes it worthwhile for that.. Ppl usually come for a day trip.. catch the cable car(called gondola here) to go higher up spend some time on dirty ice(filled with pony *** and human foot trampings) and then have some pony ride down below at the meadows and return.
But after spending two nights I think it is best to stay here for one night and relax and walk around to feel the greenery all around and also enjoy the beauty of Kashmir in a somewhat relaxed military presence (compared to the rest of Kashmir)
- Pros:Green Beauty
- Cons:Quality of Infrastruture is below par but pricey
Kongdori is the base station for the first stage of the cable car ride.. It is again an expanse of greenery adjoining... more travel advice
Gulmarg is a small place and the main part can be easily walked through.. It is just about 12-15 km for one round trip... more travel advice
vickss' Related Pages
Gulmarg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gulmarg - Kashmir Winter Wonderland"
- "India's only Ski Resort: Gulmarg"
- "Meadow of Flowers=Gulmarg"
- "Kashmir, a paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gulmarg
- Hotels in Gulmarg
- Transportation in Gulmarg
- Restaurants in Gulmarg
- Shopping in Gulmarg
- Warnings and Dangers in Gulmarg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gulmarg
- 7 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Gulmarg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gulmarg
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 31 reviews, 25 photos
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rangoon Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Ladakh Range Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Gulmarg Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Goa Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos