"The strangest place on earth" Ladakh Range by vickss
Ladakh Range Travel Guide: 199 reviews and 618 photos
It was like nothing I could imagine. Ladakh is a cross between desert, mountain, plains all rolled into one single landscape.
Even though it is open for only 4 months due to severe weather conditions during the winter, it is a must see for any nature lover.
After one botched attempt last year when I couldn't make it due to some last minute engagements, it was a rock tour this time with four of my friends. A total jeep safari with everything thrown in.. wild music, wild land, local cuisine, camping, and virtually everything you can imagine. Even though the roads are treacherous and one really needs to be fit to try this terrain, it is a once in a lifetime tour. We were there for about 3 days and three nights and we loved every bit of it........
- Pros:Amazing landscape
- Cons:Treacherous terrain
- In a nutshell:Atleast once in a lifetime
Taks the most common animal you will find en route to Ladakh and even around Ladakh. Many people drink Yak milk in... more travel advice
You can check this amazing sunset from the Thiksey Monastery. more travel advice
vickss' Related Pages
Ladakh Range Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the world at the end of the world"
- "Behind the Himalayas"
- "LADAKH, you can touch the Sky!"
- "Ladakh, Small Tibet"
- "Heaven on Earth ~~~Ladakh"
- "Walking on the Moon?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ladakh Range
- Hotels in Ladakh Range
- Transportation in Ladakh Range
- Nightlife in Ladakh Range
- Restaurants in Ladakh Range
- Shopping in Ladakh Range
- Warnings and Dangers in Ladakh Range
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ladakh Range
- 6 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 22 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Ladakh Range?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ladakh Range
Photos in Ladakh RangeSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 31 reviews, 25 photos
- Beijing Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rangoon Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Ladakh Range Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Gulmarg Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Goa Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos