"Journalist on the move!!!!!" vickss's Profile

Da Filosfy....

Sometimes I wonder how can ppl stay at the same place all their lives and be CONTENT....?Moving around meeting new ppl and testing different cuisines and natural beauty is what is important to break monotonicity of big cities...

Da Intro

Personally, I am a financial journalist based in Delhi- for those poor in Geography-located in India.
Travelling is a real passion for me and I remember when I was a kid I used to sit for hours wth my atlas locating places where I would like to go when I am old enough to do so on my own.

What I have been upto..

Anyway, till now I hv been to nine countries outside India.
This apart I have been travelling pretty often within India both as part of my work(and I squeeze out some time for personal travel) as also in a personal capacity.
To be fair I have been travelling more often to the northern region of India but also to some parts of south and west.
Unfortunately even though I belong to the eastern side of the country haven't had much of a chance to explore new places on that side..

So what the heck? Read On

Our newspaper has a travel supplement I have written some articles on the places I visited.
Hopefully I will upload all of them when i am free some day and can locate them in my computer.
Most of the places i have been outside has been part of official junkets for some corporate or industry event and usually I have stayed back for a day/ two/three(pockets empty) depending on my monetary position.
I would describe my country India as an eclectic mix of people and places having CHAOS THAT WORKS.
The best thing abt my country is the colour in life and the general zest.
Ok, to get back to the page- I have tried to present a first hand account of all places I have visited in my pages and even though mostly I have stayed at 5 stars - courtesy my corporate sponsors- as you might find if you check out the travel pages- the soul of the accounts and suggestions will have a backpackers insight.
Moreover, all pictures are first hand clicked either by my old Kodak point and shoot or my darling SLR- Nikon F55. So no cheating with pics.. Its all original!
Ciao and hope I will be useful in your travel plans and did I mention I will soon start writing my fiction novel---Haven't done yet. Its main character is a travel journalist!!!! Any surprises!!!!!
In the end just wanna say to you guys I would love to get some comments/brickbats on the page which would help me improve it and also pamper myself. If you wan't further info u can mail me, I would try my best to help you out. Bon Voyage!!

• Intro Updated Apr 24, 2010

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!