Camano Island Hotel Tips by Jonathan_C
Camano Island Hotels: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Camano Island State Park
We were looking for an easy getaway for a July weekend. Washington State Parks are notoriously full on weekends throughout July and August. With an online reservation system it is often the case that most of the Puget Sound parks can be completely booked. Camano offered us a "first come, first served" option. Even though we arrived by 5 pm on Friday, there were only three spots left in the entire park. Still, we lucked out by having other families with similar aged children as neighbors.
One of the families lived only 5 miles away on Camano Island. The mom had come over at 10 am to secure a campsite and then returned with the whole familiy after work. You know it must be good if the locals camp here!
Unique Qualities: The campsites at Camano are all in the woods above the bluff. The lower campground loop has very spacious sites nestled in amongst the trees. From any of the sites, it's a short walk down forested trails to the beach. Or you can head uphill to a lovely and well interpreted nature trail. Other features that Camano offer include an easy bike trail through the woods and excellent clamming when in season.
Address: Located fourteen miles southwest of Stanwood, Wash.
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (7)
Jonathan_C's Related Pages
Camano Island Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Camano Island
- Hotels in Camano Island
- Transportation in Camano Island
- Shopping in Camano Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Camano Island
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Camano Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Camano Island
Photos in Camano IslandSee All Photos (11)
Read real reviews about Camano Island Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Fremont Intro, 35 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Orleans Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington State Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos
- Seattle Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Toulouse Intro, 15 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sedona Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oswald West State Park Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Sun Lakes State Park Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ebeys Landing Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue