New Orleans Hotel Tips by Jonathan_C

New Orleans Hotels: 79,896 reviews and 397 photos

inner rooms at chateau motor hotel - New Orleans

inner rooms at chateau motor hotel

Chateau Motor Hotel: location, location, location Chateau Motor Hotel Review

I was doing the French quarter as a one night stand so location was important and the location here is perfect! Half way between the riotous section of Bourbon St. and the nightclub section of Frenchemen St., the immediate surroundings are much calmer than either. A school zone two blocks north sets the tone more than anything. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in the Quarter. It's got the architectural charm, the staffing and the location that make for a very pleasant experience.

Unique Qualities: I only spent the hours of 3 am to 6:30 am at the hotel so I made no use of the pool, courtyard or breakfast. But I was glad of the 24 hour staffing. And the off street valet parking is a must for anyone with a car. The room rate includes parking so remember this when comparing prices. The room itself was surprisingly nice and seriously air conditioned. My glimpse of the clientele mid-week in September was of an older crowd and I noticed the rooms were equipped with two boxes of kleenex and make-up removing towlettes. I doubt I'd be trading tips with the other guests but that's not why I was here.

Address: 1001 Chartres St., , New Orleans, Louisiana 70116

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: Two blocks NE of Jackson Square.

Phone: 504-524-9636

Price: US$80-120

Theme: Hotel

• Updated Oct 6, 2004

Jonathan_C

“Always looking for natural beauty and real community.”

Badges & Stats in New Orleans

Have you been to New Orleans?

Latest Activity in New Orleans

Visiting New Orleans?
Read real reviews about New Orleans Hotels!

Top 10 New Orleans Things to Do