New Orleans Hotel Tips by Jonathan_C
New Orleans Hotels: 95,188 reviews and 397 photos
inner rooms at chateau motor hotel
I was doing the French quarter as a one night stand so location was important and the location here is perfect! Half way between the riotous section of Bourbon St. and the nightclub section of Frenchemen St., the immediate surroundings are much calmer than either. A school zone two blocks north sets the tone more than anything. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in the Quarter. It's got the architectural charm, the staffing and the location that make for a very pleasant experience.
Unique Qualities: I only spent the hours of 3 am to 6:30 am at the hotel so I made no use of the pool, courtyard or breakfast. But I was glad of the 24 hour staffing. And the off street valet parking is a must for anyone with a car. The room rate includes parking so remember this when comparing prices. The room itself was surprisingly nice and seriously air conditioned. My glimpse of the clientele mid-week in September was of an older crowd and I noticed the rooms were equipped with two boxes of kleenex and make-up removing towlettes. I doubt I'd be trading tips with the other guests but that's not why I was here.
Address: 1001 Chartres St., , New Orleans, Louisiana 70116
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Two blocks NE of Jackson Square.
More Reviews (26)
Jonathan_C's Related Pages
New Orleans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two Visits - 54 Years Apart"
- "new orleans louisiana"
- "The Naughty Madame"
- "New Orleans-An Intriguing Visit to the Past"
- "Crescent City Comes Calling"
- "THE BIG EASY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Orleans
- Hotels in New Orleans
- Transportation in New Orleans
- Nightlife in New Orleans
- Restaurants in New Orleans
- Shopping in New Orleans
- Warnings and Dangers in New Orleans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Orleans
- 27 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Orleans
Photos in New OrleansSee All Photos (36)
Read real reviews about New Orleans Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Fremont Intro, 35 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Orleans Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington State Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos
- Seattle Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Toulouse Intro, 15 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sedona Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oswald West State Park Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Ebeys Landing Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sun Lakes State Park Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (12)
- Bourbon Street- 50 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Swamp Tours- 39 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Jackson Square- 54 Reviews, 105 Photos
- Mardi Gras- 38 Reviews, 45 Photos
- French Quarter- 54 Reviews, 88 Photos
- St. Louis Cemetery No. 1- 19 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Garden District- 23 Reviews, 34 Photos
- St. Louis Cathedral- 34 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Cemeteries- 32 Reviews, 45 Photos
- French Market- 30 Reviews, 43 Photos
See All New Orleans Things to Do