"Oh My Dog! What have we done?!!" Jonathan_C's Profile
Yes, I've taken another step closer to Dad-hood. If you look up 'Dad' in the encyclopedia you'll note that the only things I was missing were the dog and the mini-van. Well, we got Lucky, literally, and he might be all we need to tip the scales on the automotive front as well. But I'm not quite ready to give up the '85 Volvo wagon and all that it implies.
(Important News Flash: We've solved our automotive dilemma by picking up the ultimate family vacation mobile -- a 1989 full sized Dode Ram 250 passenger van with a trailer hitch and a lumber rack. We can load up eight humans, a couple of dogs and still bring along coolers, toys, bikes, camping gear and kayaks on the top. With it's peeling paint job it's also the perfect canvas for another Fremont Art Car. Stay tuned!)
I like to think of myself as an individual that just happened to get married, have kids, buy a house and get a job. Rather than settling down like the crumbs at the bottom of the cereal box I choose to believe that this phase of my life is just another great adventure with an expanded cast of characters. With our newly expanded cast, however, it's looking like my role as master of ceremonies in our little circus will be pretty busy. Individual pursuits will have to wait for another day.
Every year I grow only more in love with Seattle and Washington State. To my mind, the Pacific Northwest is the most glorious spot on the planet. In my pages I'll try to show you places that are well loved and uncover some of the folks that live there and love them so much. Behind every magical place are magical people and one of my goals as a parent is to introduce my children to the incredible beauty, both natural and cultural, that exists out there in the world.
On my Washington State page I'll try to convince you that the Upper Left Hand Corner is a microcosm of all that America the Beautiful has to offer. Although my heart lies deep in the back country I'll include tips on how to enjoy the wilderness with kids in tow. Children are resilient little creatures that are enthusiastic hikers when you don't ask too much of them. I'll also try to include suggestions for rest stops and good restauraunts while on the road between Seattle and other parts of the state.
Although my address says Seattle, my home is in Fremont. Seattlites are fiercely loyal to their neighborhoods and I am no exception. On my Fremont page I'll introduce you to the environment, shops, people and events that make Fremonsters absolutely certain their home is indeed the Center of the Universe. If you've ever lived in a real community -- with block parties, garden exchanges and merchants who know you by name -- what I call "urban Norman Rockwell", you'll understand why we love it so.
One of the joys of VT is the incredible attention some people put into the pages they create. For many, VT pages are where they can give voice to their passions and express their own insights into life on this blue ball. Through their eyes you can visit worlds and learn essential truths that you would never have known otherwise.
Here's are some of the pages I've discovered and enjoyed in the Fall of 2004. I hope you enjoy them, too.
aaaarrgh has founded a Republic of Art out in the middle of the Pacific on Art Island.
Please take the time to give these folks the credit they deserve.
scotlandscotour finds the place where he must live: Orkney.
KristaB serves up an Adriatic feast following Amphitrite's recipes.
jadedmuse uncovers the Inca past and present in Cuzco
mtncorg searches for Utopia in the American midwest in Amana, Bethel, Bishop Hill, Fairfield and Nauvoo.
diocletianus brings heartache to VT with his tale of wanton desctruction in VukoWar.
jadedmuse finds the perfect metaphor for New Orleans in The Naughty Madame.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 229 Reviews
- 360 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Jonathan_C and jayhawk2000 are now friends.
- Commented on one of breughel's Toulouse travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "2006 Tribal Retreat"
- created a Manning Provincial Park Travelogue "2006 Tribal Retreat"
- Wrote a Review Arcosanti in Arizona Off The Beaten Path
updated their Profile Page "Oh My Dog! What have we done?!!"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "RE: RE: Feature Request: tip..."
PhotosSee All Photos (360)
Top 10 Pages
- Fremont Intro, 35 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Orleans Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chester Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington State Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos
- Seattle Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 15 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sedona Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oswald West State Park Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Ebeys Landing Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sun Lakes State Park Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos