"Ajijic Mexico" Ajijic by shmiller
Ajijic Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 21 photos
A had heard that Ajijic was an interesting town in Mexico to retire in and that it had the second best weather in the world. I bought a cheap airline ticket from Tijuana Mexico, flew into Guadalajara, and took a 40 minute taxi ride up the hill to an elevation of 5,300 feet . Ajijic is on the north shore of the largest fresh water lake in Mexico, Lake Chapala. I stayed in a rented condo that I had arranged through a web site. The three month visit was great so I came back for twelve more months.
- Pros:An wonderful mix of Mexicans of all ages and mostly retired foreigners.
- Cons:Located on beautiful, yet badly polluted, Lake Chapala.
- In a nutshell:Gorgeous weather and stunning lake views; a wonderful retreat for retired foreigners!
Taking the white and red Chapala bus to and from Ajijic is easy and cheap. Buses run about every 1/2 hour from town to... more travel advice
On weekends horses and ATVs are available to rent. Riding along the lakeshore provides a unique way to see Ajijic and... more travel advice
shmiller's Related Pages
Ajijic Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ajijic Mexico"
- "Mexician Living"
- "Ajijic: The Best Weather in the World"
- "Our Mexican home"
- "AJIJIC. A VERY NICE VILLAGE 45 MINUTES FROM GDL"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ajijic
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Ajijic?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ajijic
Photos in AjijicSee All Photos (5)
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
No friends yet.